Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was up working last night still fighting this cold and something told me to go try one more time to shell island in the swamp. The last 3 times I went I blanked. So I put the 6” on the 800 and started swinging I began to get desperate and digging iffy signals and it wasn’t working. After 2 hours I told myself to trust the machine and if I don’t get a solid signal we’ll then so be it. I was so exhausted digging those shells and being sick, well all of a sudden I get a solid 19 and went at it. I saw this small thing that I thought was a washer. Put it in my mouth looked at it and couldn’t believe my good fortune. I did it!!!! I was persistent because I knew something else HAD to be there. The 800 has been good to me on small silver, I’ve pulled 2 Capped Bust Half Dimes, 3 Half Reals, 1787 1 Reales a 1840 Half Liberty Dime and last but not least my 1852 Trime. I believe that all the smallest silver coins there is. I got very lucky. The more I work the luckier I get. Unbelievable...I have to learnt dig less and trust my machine more. IMG_2288.jpg IMG_2287.jpg IMG_2289.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg

Upvote 73

Louisiana Ken

Sep 17, 2012
Lacombe, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excallibur II
Minelab E-Trac
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice find!!!! Surprised it doesnt have a New Orleans mint mark! Wow!!!!

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Certainly on our bucket list!!!! Congrats!!!! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions