Item not delivered; not comment from buyer

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
A week ago Friday I sold an expensive pendant. I shipped on Friday; it was supposed to be delivered on the 8th. All week when I check, I see this message:

"Your item is being held at the Post Office in LAGUNA BEACH, CA 92651 on June 8, 2015 at 8:44 am because the business was closed. The item will be delivered the next delivery day. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender."

The package went to an apartment. I sent a PM to the buyer on Wednesday asking if she got the notice that the PO has the package. I haven't heard back from her.

Do I let it go and assume all is OK? Could it be that the PO did deliver and didn't update? I'm going to call tomorrow to have them investigate. I don't want it coming back if the lady really wants it. Do I write to her again?

I think most people also have a phone number you can request. Some people are a little easier to talk to on the phone than email.

If you haven't heard from her and it is paid for then it wasn't updated. I've had this happen both ways. It worried me the first time but that was a long time ago. If you have received positive fb then you do have a solid answer.

I'm scared to call. I don't want to start up. If she got it and is happy, fine. Tomorrow is two weeks since I mailed it. At this point, I am ready to just deal with it if it comes back. Meanwhile, the PO closed my case w/o contacting me and w/o finding out what happened. Which is why I am giving up. We are talking $350. I think if she didn't get it, she would have said something by now, don't you think?

Meanwhile, the PO closed my case w/o contacting me and w/o finding out what happened. Which is why I am giving up. We are talking $350. I think if she didn't get it, she would have said something by now, don't you think?
What happened? Does it show as delivered now?

Nope. Po called ME to finds out if it got delivered. Gave up

Ps, no complaint from the buyer, past time to ask for a return. I'm good, imho

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back