What's new

Items found over a few hunts

Adam Brown

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 30, 2025
Messages
6
Reaction score
50
Golden Thread
0
Some family has a few hundred acres a little southeast of Abilene, Texas. I’ve detected a particular spot a few times where we know a house used to stand. There are other remnants on other parts of the property where other houses may have been. I just can’t seem to find any coins, but over many hours these are the more notable finds other than trash. From the finds, I believe the home owner to have settled there after WWI. Maybe people were there earlier, but it’s hard to say. Any ID suggestions or more info would be appreciated. Unfortunately, the area where the old house used to be was bulldozed to clear mesquite shrubs and cactus that took over the area. So I think a lot of stuff was buried deeper.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3931.webp
    IMG_3931.webp
    814 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_3951.webp
    IMG_3951.webp
    4.5 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3953.webp
    IMG_3953.webp
    4.8 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_3955.webp
    IMG_3955.webp
    4.9 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3954.webp
    IMG_3954.webp
    4.8 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3952.webp
    IMG_3952.webp
    4.6 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3958.webp
    IMG_3958.webp
    4.4 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3957.webp
    IMG_3957.webp
    3.8 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3959.webp
    IMG_3959.webp
    4.6 MB · Views: 68
Upvote 19
Some interesting finds
 
Adam did we ever find the info on the button ?
 
Fixed thread title for you.
 
Some family has a few hundred acres a little southeast of Abilene, Texas. I’ve detected a particular spot a few times where we know a house used to stand. There are other remnants on other parts of the property where other houses may have been. I just can’t seem to find any coins, but over many hours these are the more notable finds other than trash. From the finds, I believe the home owner to have settled there after WWI. Maybe people were there earlier, but it’s hard to say. Any ID suggestions or more info would be appreciated. Unfortunately, the area where the old house used to be was bulldozed to clear mesquite shrubs and cactus that took over the area. So I think a lot of stuff was buried deeper.
Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom