What's new

Its a bird.....Its a plane.....NO! Its a V Nickel!

Codes

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
1,031
Reaction score
98
Golden Thread
0
Location
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a bird.....It's a plane.....NO! Its a V Nickel!

Picked up $40 in nickels today and was disappointed to see they were all hand rolls but one. Well, I couldn't have been more surprised when the first roll I opened up had 4 War Nickels! I found another one a few rolls later. About half way through I opened one of the rolls and about fell out of my chair. Out popped a worn but VERY beautiful 1899 V Nickel! Here's a picture for your enjoyment. Once in a lifetime find for me. I probably won't ever get this lucky again.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_1321.webp
    DSC_1321.webp
    54.7 KB · Views: 323
Upvote 0
Re: It's a bird.....It's a plane.....NO Its a V Nickel!

nice one. I got my first buffalo the other day out of a hand roll. I think i would pass out if i got a v nickle
 
Re: It's a bird.....It's a plane.....NO Its a V Nickel!

Nice going! She's a beauty. In 20+ years of casino/bank hunting I've found a total of three V's - 1899, 1906, 1912 - so that is quite a rare find, and your 1899 is nicer than mine!
 
Re: It's a bird.....It's a plane.....NO Its a V Nickel!

Damn nice find! Unbelievable what's still in circulation. Now I have to order a box of nickels a week ;)
 
Re: It's a bird.....It's a plane.....NO Its a V Nickel!

Whyme said:
Damn nice find! Unbelievable what's still in circulation. Now I have to order a box of nickels a week ;)

I was getting quite discouraged with nickels because I had gotten several boxes of brand new 2006's and 2007's. This was definitely a big relief and I have forgotten all that pain of those new nickels I got!
 
Re: It's a bird.....It's a plane.....NO! Its a V Nickel!

Hey, way to go!!
 
Re: It's a bird.....It's a plane.....NO! Its a V Nickel!

I have found two V's in rolls, both machine-wrapped rolls. Both were in 2006, the first was a 1912D and the other a 1902. Really shocking to see one. I hoped to find one in 2007 but didn't. Great find.
 
Re: It's a bird.....It's a plane.....NO! Its a V Nickel!

Congrats on the V....I still have not found one in the wild.
 
Re: It's a bird.....It's a plane.....NO! Its a V Nickel!

Sweet!
Congrats!!!
 
Re: It's a bird.....It's a plane.....NO! Its a V Nickel!

mountainman 2 said:
Gotta love those handrolls, might have been sitting in someone's house collecting dust for many years.

True, I have a feeling it was sitting somewhere for a while. It was a really old wrapper and there was nothing newer than 1986 in it. All of the coins had some kind of yellow crust on them, the same yellow color that the inside of the roll was. There was the '86, a '74 a few 60's and the rest were either War Nickels or pre-1960's, and even a BU '39.
 
Re: It's a bird.....It's a plane.....NO! Its a V Nickel!

wow, awesome find!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom