What's new

Its a Rosie day in New York

Mercury63

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2008
Messages
286
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
It's a Rosie day in New York

I picked up a brinks box of dimes (2,500 dimes or $250 ). Found five silver Rosies: Three 1964p and a 62d and 52d. I read that on average you get one silver dime per box, so based on this probability I would say it was an outstanding day. I have been to five banks now and none carry rolls or boxes of half dollars. How is everyone else doing with getting hold of the halves ? Good luck on your next hunt.
 
Upvote 0
Re: It's a Rosie day in New York

Nice score on the dimes! Thats a silver half in itself!

As for halves, sometimes banks have them, but usually they do not. Best bet is to ask your bank to order them.
 
Re: It's a Rosie day in New York

Hello down there in Virginia Beach. I think your advice is the way to go. I need to order them
 
Re: It's a Rosie day in New York

Mercury63 said:
I picked up a brinks box of dimes (2,500 dimes or $250 ). Found five silver Rosies: Three 1964p and a 62d and 52d. I read that on average you get one silver dime per box, so based on this probability I would say it was an outstanding day. I have been to five banks now and none carry rolls or boxes of half dollars. How is everyone else doing with getting hold of the halves ? Good luck on your next hunt.
Hit or miss at banks when it comes to halves. When's the last time you found a half-dollar coin in your change? Lots of banks ship'em out as soon as they get some in.
You scored good with the dimes. Keep it up. AMC
 
Re: It's a Rosie day in New York

hello Mercury,

Where abouts in NY are you?? the city? I am in NY also, wondering if you are some of the dumps I am picking up on my road trips. LOL!!!

Happy Hunting,
Jason
 
Re: It's a Rosie day in New York

Good luck with the hunting and welcome to the forum!

5 from one box is AWESOME! Grats!

You are correct in the average being about 1 per box.

~Dave
 
Re: It's a Rosie day in New York

How long does it take you to go through a box of Dimes? and all that garbage? I get bags and let my machine go through it all. it picks out the Canuk and other CRAP. in 15 minutes..... then Off to dump and get more!

5 dimes is alot in $250. I am averaging 2.5 per $500 or around there. but if there is a lot.... I call the bank back and buy their Quarters....

Greedy..... Ohhhh yea .... and you guys are going to hell with me!
 
Re: It's a Rosie day in New York

acute collector said:
How long does it take you to go through a box of Dimes? and all that garbage? I get bags and let my machine go through it all. it picks out the Canuk and other CRAP. in 15 minutes..... then Off to dump and get more!

5 dimes is alot in $250. I am averaging 2.5 per $500 or around there. but if there is a lot.... I call the bank back and buy their Quarters....

Greedy..... Ohhhh yea .... and you guys are going to hell with me!
About 20 minutes/box or less if im in a hurry. It only takes me 15 seconds to tear open and edge scan.
My average this year has been 1 per $100, I have better luck w/boxes than hand rolled. AMC
 
Re: It's a Rosie day in New York

you might want to consider using a loupe when you check your dimes. i edge-check my dimes upon opening and then scan them closely with a 10X loupe. you'd be surprised at how many i've overlooked just eyeballin' 'em!!! i'd estimate that maybe 8 to 10% of my finds come AFTER i've edge-checked 'em. that loupe sure has helped my old and ancient eyes find the bling!

just a suggestion.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom