What's new

Its gold! Interesting Engraved Photo Pendant

jesse09

Banned
Joined
Jun 25, 2012
Messages
119
Reaction score
63
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cancun, Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It's gold! Interesting Engraved Photo Pendant

Hey guys
My latest find, It's a 10k gold engraved photo pendant. I was wondering if the GI 10 mex meant gold plated but being that it's dated and engraved. I'm pretty sure It's 10k gold but I'll let you guys be the judge of that.



Happy huntings!
 
Upvote 0
Sorry but the inscription is not clear enough to see on the video. Super pendant though. I assume the mex means Mexico. And here is a link for a similar question where the responder suggests the GI is a makers mark. Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals: GI stamp, 14k white gold, national gold. So with that said, I would assume the pendant was made by "GI" maker, in Mexico and is very likely 10k. Nice find. Beach Papa
 
That's gold...Ive got a little gold ring marked 8k mex and has the name Juan engraved inside...nice gold find, congrats.
 
Nice find! :hello2:

Yep...solid 10K gold. I believe plated gold would not accept engraving.

This is a neat hobby isn't it?
 
That's a really nice pendant find, Jesse.:headbang:

I'm sure it is 10K with the makers mark.

Lorraine
 
That's a really nice pendant find, Jesse.:headbang:

I'm sure it is 10K with the makers mark.

Lorraine

Actually, I tested this pendant on Friday at a pawn shop, she said it was not testing gold. That's weird because the marking is GI 10 mex K, I was thinking of going somewhere else because she rubbed it on something, I didn't see her drop acid but I didn't pay much attention.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom