What's new

Its marked SILVER but I dunno what it is. Help

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
4,601
Reaction score
953
Golden Thread
0
Location
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's marked SILVER but I dunno what it is. Help

Found at an 1890's home site.

Marked SILVER 950 on the bottom

Measures 1 1/4 X 1 1/8 in.

Looks hand carved. Was in this condition when I found it.

Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • 100_2052.webp
    100_2052.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 488
  • 100_2054.webp
    100_2054.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 479
  • 100_2063.webp
    100_2063.webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 475
  • 100_2075.webp
    100_2075.webp
    6.4 KB · Views: 444
Re: It's marked SILVER but I dunno what it is. Help

It looks like whats left of a silver match holder. The lid might not be too far from where you found it.
 
Upvote 0
Re: It's marked SILVER but I dunno what it is. Help

Thanks for your quick reply. I will be going back there many more times, so I might just run across the lid. Looks like something was ripped off one of the sides at the top.
 
Upvote 0
Re: It's marked SILVER but I dunno what it is. Help

I have to agree, looks like a match box holder, and a nice one, way to go.
 
Upvote 0
Re: It's marked SILVER but I dunno what it is. Help

lighter case, similar to a zippo but different brand. You can see were the hing was broke off the back. Oriental engraving and appears to be signed buy the engraver.
 
Upvote 0
Re: It's marked SILVER but I dunno what it is. Help

Pity about the damage, it must have been very pretty in its day.
It probably isn't as old as I am,
Mike :icon_profileleft: :icon_profileright:
 
Upvote 0
Zippo Cover from Occupied Japan - 1950's

As LostCause stated...these covers were made for the zippos, but were not made by Zippo, thus no Zippo markings, just Silver 950. It reminds me of this lighter.


Mike
 

Attachments

  • JapanFujiSterlingR.webp
    JapanFujiSterlingR.webp
    11.8 KB · Views: 427
Upvote 0
Re: It's marked SILVER but I dunno what it is. Help

i'd say for sure lighter . i had one just like it, when i was to young to smoke. id say it isnt more than 40 years old. imo
 
Upvote 0
Re: It's marked SILVER but I dunno what it is. Help

Thanks for the ID guys! You guys are amazing! :notworthy:





Rick
 
Upvote 0
Re: It's marked SILVER but I dunno what it is. Help

it looks like the bottom half of a zippo lighter a custom one of course i'm going to have to say a lighter case of some sort
 
Upvote 0
Re: It's marked SILVER but I dunno what it is. Help

Cool find - I vote 1950's lighter case from Japan (the clue is in the silver marking/number).

HH
 
Upvote 0
Re: It's marked SILVER but I dunno what it is. Help

I think this one is solved for sure! Good to see you posting again lonewolfe. Monty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom