It’s not about the money, but it draws curiosity from knowledgeable party’s

samwordon

Tenderfoot
May 5, 2024
I have found this arrow head. I thought it was just that. A beautiful example of the means that separated life and death for those who came before. I displayed this item for sale when a man approached my booth looking at my display. I had this example in my hand and buy chance I said to him, want to see my favorite. His expression when I showed him was almost scary. He explained to me the significance of what i casually was holding in my hand. He told me his dad is known for finding the number three specimen on record and how to not be fooled by offers in the hundreds and to add a zero to that sum if I was going to take anyone serious. He also told me to have it authenticated by an expert and that the one he knew had passed away. Any help would be great. He said i may have a paleo Clovis point which im still not sure what that means.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 48

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
He said i may have a paleo Clovis point which I'm still not sure what that means.

I think it means it might be pretty special, however I am certainly no expert on such matters. It's a beautiful piece formed by an ancient artist, either way. :occasion14:

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Nice point. “Number 3 specimen on record”? I’m not aware of such rankings. Where are those records kept?

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is a nice looking Clivis point. What state did you find it in? The material looks like KRF, but hard to tell from a picture.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, just water under a faucet and a plastic brush. That sure looks like KRF (Knife River Flint from ND) to me. The whitish spot that is circled is a cattail fossil. Only KRF has those fossils. It has only one small nick. It’s called a Clovis point from the paleo time period. Clovis points are thinned from the base with a “flute” flake. Yours was fluted 3 times on the side shown. Once on the other side. That point is worth several thousand dollars. Several!
IMG_5025.jpeg

Last edited:

Athens

Apr 27, 2024
I have found this arrow head. I thought it was just that. A beautiful example of the means that separated life and death for those who came before. I displayed this item for sale when a man approached my booth looking at my display. I had this example in my hand and buy chance I said to him, want to see my favorite. His expression when I showed him was almost scary. He explained to me the significance of what i casually was holding in my hand. He told me his dad is known for finding the number three specimen on record and how to not be fooled by offers in the hundreds and to add a zero to that sum if I was going to take anyone serious. He also told me to have it authenticated by an expert and that the one he knew had passed away. Any help would be great. He said i may have a paleo Clovis point which im still not sure what that means.
The man who approached your booth is correct,It is a Clovis point,First know inhabitants of this country 10,000 years old or older.They are very rare and every collector wants one but usually can't afford or find.For sure get it authenticated and by a reputable one . Amazing find bucket lister for sure.There possibly will be more artifacts in that area you found that amazing point.Good luck 👍

Attachments

• IMG_20240507_074100526.jpg
    IMG_20240507_074100526.jpg
    944.4 KB · Views: 12

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread