What's new

Its OLD and its GOLD!(Updated Weight,pics & location)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
8,006
Reaction score
899
Golden Thread
0
Location
Location: Undisclosed
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its OLD and its GOLD!(Updated Weight,pics & location)

Hello all,

Well Its about time I got back in the game. ;D Long first quarter of the season and I only found a Rosie >:( this season, till now. :D Today was a long day its about 10:00pm (EST) on May/ 9 /2008. I got home about an hour ago. :tongue3: Me and my hunting partner have been working areas in a bigger and bigger circumference from where we live. We found a nice little park today after about 2 hours of driving. :tard:

Well all day long since about 2pm(EST) I dug everything in the high VDI 80's + On my MXT. I dig nothing but clad lots of clad just in the 1965 -1967 range and about 7 wheat's. :-\ The first silver I dig is around 7 or 8pm (EST) a 1960 Rosie. :o The area still sounds off but reads as a nickle/pulltab VDI 18-22 So I say to my partner who first spotted the hit as I was hunting. I was sure it was a pulltab :icon_scratch: so I said go ahead you can dig it. It was another ROSIE! 1940's or something. :icon_scratch:

Anyway I continued to hunt the area where we found silver for about another hour. Nothing found :-\ I moved to another area that I found some wheat's in earlier. :icon_sunny: I pulled some clad and another wheat. 8) Soon after that I moved to the bottom of the area. I got a nice 94+ (50 cent hit) and out popped a nice old Solid Gold ring that weighs about an ounce at 4 inches. ;D :o :o Its bent but I don't care its easily fixable. It was kinda getting dark fast. I continued to hunt faster and managed 2 mercs before we left too. ;D :icon_king:

Moral of the story is...
I was hunting hard most the day fast and furious. :tongue3: I was finding nothing but clad. :icon_scratch: Around 5 or 6 I was getting very mad at the powers above. The universe, mother nature and God himself I was swearing and yelling to myself. :angry5: My partner already found Silver and me clad lots of signals reading silver but digging clad. :angry4: I thought nothing loved me, God himself has turned his back on me. Well he proved me wrong once again with the great finds that came later. No one... NO ONE loves you more than God so don't get Mad at him be patient and good things will come.

Sorry but I had to go there.
GOD BLESS-

Here are some Pictures,
Keep @ it and HH!!
 

Attachments

  • parkgold 001.webp
    parkgold 001.webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 6,357
  • parkgold 002.webp
    parkgold 002.webp
    37.9 KB · Views: 6,324
  • parkgold 003.webp
    parkgold 003.webp
    37.9 KB · Views: 6,273
  • parkgold 004.webp
    parkgold 004.webp
    40.4 KB · Views: 6,252
Upvote 0
Re: Its OLD and its GOLD!

Wow, that's a nice gold ring!
 
Re: Its OLD and its GOLD!

Excellent finds !
 
Re: Its OLD and its GOLD!

Very nice ring. I don't know if devine intervention has anything to do with it, but being in the the right place does. And, joining the church of research will really put you over the top.
 
Re: Its OLD and its GOLD!

MUD,
Congrats on your awesome banner find!!!! :thumbsup: :icon_king: :thumbsup: :icon_king: :thumbsup: :icon_king:
-MM-
 
dang that is a sweet ring!!!!!!!!

being 24K isnt it easy to bend out of shape? :coffee2:
 
Re: Its OLD and its GOLD!

MUD....Very well deserved!! :thumbsup:Before I leave the house today I'm saying my prayer's.Congrat's on the Banner as well.Great Find!!!!!
 
Re: Its OLD and its GOLD!

The marking favor ancient South American civilzation - Mayan, Aztec...can't seem to place it. Although with a 24k stamp, I suspect it's a bit more modern.

Can we get pics of the side symbols?

Congratulations!
 
Re: Its OLD and its GOLD!

Sweet sweet finds! I'd be thrill with the silver myself. That ring is totally awesome. Congrats on the banner find!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Re: Its OLD and its GOLD!

Sweet :o :o :o Congrats!! :thumbsup:
 
Re: Its OLD and its GOLD!

:o :o way to go nothing like pulling almost 900$ outa the ground...can we see pics of the sides? 24k rings are scarce...congrats on th banner

also gotta love those mercs


HH Vrent
 
Re: Its OLD and its GOLD!

Amazing find, I could only hope to find something like that. As for age, in 1906 the National gold and silver marking act was formed. So I would put this beautiful ring sometime after 1906. Great find...HH....Bill
 
Re: Its OLD and its GOLD!

It doesn't get any better than that!
 
Re: Its OLD and its GOLD!

sweet ring but just imagin all the good stuff your missing out by not digging the stuff below 80 on the vdi...

i dig everything above 0 on the vdi with my mxt and have found some amazing things that would have been missed....
 
Re: Its OLD and its GOLD!

Congratulations on the great finds!

What kind of place was it where they were found?

Interesting to note that rosie ID'ed as a pulltab and 24k ring as a half dollar.
That's kinda telling me the accuracy of ID meters even on quality machines.
...Guess you need to Dig 'em All to use the eyeball ID to be sure...

Would you post it over in Whatsit? to see if those sleuths can decipher the ring?
They are pretty sharp over there... (I've got one for 'em myself, today. NOT GOLD!)

HH
rmptr
 
Re: Its OLD and its GOLD!

whoa!! way to go Mud and congrats on a banner find!
 
Re: Its OLD and its GOLD!

That is one fine BEAUTIFUL gold ring !!!! :o

Has that antique appearence ...I hope you can research the design and learn its hisory !!

CONGRATS :occasion14: :headbang: :occasion14:

Derek :icon_study:
 
Re: Its OLD and its GOLD!

Wow thanks everyone !!

Never expected to make banner with this find that's awesome. ??? ;D Yea the 24k fine gold bends real easy and is very soft. Nana all my good finds read as high 80's even wheat pennies. The IH come in lower 55-60, clad dimes are 77, pennies 76, Nickles hit 18, pulltabs 22-34 Silver dimes 80-82, Silver quarters 83-86, I have not dug any halves or dollars yet. :-\ Our ground is different so its likely the ground balance giving us different VDI's. I wish someone could tell me more about the ring. I'll post more pictures later of the sides.

Thanks again,
and special thanks to Prolab69 for taking me out to that site. Also to www.treasurenet.com staff and members.

keep @ it and HH!!
 
Re: Its OLD and its GOLD!

Absolutely incredible find! Congrats on the find and making the banner! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom