Its true what they say about the e-trac !!

fbjr

Apr 13, 2007
Elmira, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030/Minelab e-trac/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's true what they say about the e-trac !!

While still new to the e-trac I've been putting as much time into it as time and weather permits. They say to go back to old spots you've already detected with other detectors and that most "hunted out" spots are usually not really hunted out. Well it's true, my father and I have both been detecting for about 6 or 7 years now. We've hunted his yard at least 100 times (no exaggeration) with a few different detectors over the years.......an old Garrett(not sure of the model off hand), a Garrett Ace 250, a Garrett GTI 2500, a Tesoro Cortes and now my Minelab e-trac. We have had some nice finds with each of them but just last Sunday I went through it again with the e-trac and found a mercury dime and a smaller civil war button. My dad couldn't believe it since he uses the GTI 2500. I don't think the e-trac is necessarily getting more depth.....I'm just thinking it has better target separation and maybe most importantly....recovery speed. The e-trac has/is taking longer to get used to but finally starting to get more comfortable with it. Just ordered a 15x12 S.E.F. butterfly coil.....can't wait to try it out and see what else is there.
Make sure you do take the time to go back to some of those old "hunted out" sites !!! ;D

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: It's true what they say about the e-trac !!

No doubt about it! The E-Trac is one awesome machine!

mope540

Jun 29, 2011
Yonder
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, X1 probe, SEF 8X6 coil.

AT Gold, 5X8 coil, Garrett PP

Equinox 800, 6" coil

Oldest coin to date...1829 large cent
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fbjr said:
...Make sure you do take the time to go back to some of those old "hunted out" sites !!! ;D
most definately. I ordered an Etrac yesterday to replace the Sovereign XS (w. SunRay DTI III meter) that I've been hunting with for the last 14 years. The Sovereign works great and has found a lot of silver, but i felt that it's about time to upgrade...I can hardly wait to hit those favorite hot spots again.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

mope540 said:
fbjr said:
...Make sure you do take the time to go back to some of those old "hunted out" sites !!! ;D
most definately. I ordered an Etrac yesterday to replace the Sovereign XS (w. SunRay DTI III meter) that I've been hunting with for the last 14 years. The Sovereign works great and has found a lot of silver, but i felt that it's about time to upgrade...I can hardly wait to hit those favorite hot spots again.

Good for you! Nothing better! I am having some killer deals on the E-Trac this weekend. Be sure to call and ask!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

What i was told a long time ago was............. If you want to believe that something is true it is true................... If you do not want to believe that it is true then it is not true........ It's up to you what do you want to believe.......................

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 767

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Being the fact it is a multi-frequency digital unit I am sure it is capable of finding all sorts of lost items.
I believe the only other multi-frequency and digital platform is the White's VX3 and V3i.
I believe you shall find lots of stuff with this machine.
I know it is true what they say about the price, but I am sure it earns it well in the return to the pouch.
I have never used one though, so I dont know from personal experience.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

The Etrac is with no doubt a great machine. Accompany yours with a CoilTek 12x8 Platypus and you wont believe how much better it is.

Feel free to call us for our free setup tutorial, and great Christmas deals.

Toll Free 1-855-966-3563

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

CoilFisher said:
I believe you shall find lots of stuff with this machine.
But Coilfisher you can find lots of stuff with any top brand detector.......

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

True Keppy, but I am congratulating the lad.

OP
OP
F

fbjr

Apr 13, 2007
Elmira, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030/Minelab e-trac/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Is the coiltek coil better then the s.e.f. butterfly coil ?

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Fbjr I find the Sun Ray coils work best for the Etrac. They are great build quality and made here in the US.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread