May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which directions will you be travelling? N--S ; E--W ? Or a combination. The reason I ask is to be able to suggest some possibilities. In the Jackson city limits, you have to be careful because there's a lot of memorial placards that designate historical sites--many of these markers are in parks. A good example is Battlefield Park on US 80 at Terry Road ( on the south side of town ). This was one of the "fronts" during the siege of Jackson.

If you're coming from the west, take US 80 east out of Vicksburg until you get to Big Black River bridge. That's the site of the Battle of Big Black. All private land. The last time I was through there there were not fences nor posted signs. Both sides of the road are fields. The last road on the right, leaving the highway just before the bridge, circles to the south, over the RR and to an access point on the river bank. That's on the south side of the RR trestle. The footings of the CW RR bridge, that was burned after the battle, are still visible at low water. With all of the rain lately, Big Black will probably be running high.

If you're travelling south on I-55, there's whole different possibilities. PM me and I'll clue you in to those.

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
So we have been having some issues trying to find somewhere. We had one potential spot but not sure it's going to work out. We are going to stay in Jackson on Thursday night this week and then we have a few hours on Friday so a little short drive wouldn't be out of the question.

Anyone have any ideas. Shortstack gave us one spot but I would love to have a back up spot available.

I know it isn't probably good form to ask people to hunt their spots, so how about a park or something???

Anyone out there with any ideas??????

Please

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread