What's new

Jasper!?!

Momof3

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2016
Messages
52
Reaction score
111
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fort Campbell ky
Detector(s) used
The trash finding kind!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this in a corn field where I have been seeing lists of smaller pieces of this rock as well! I want to assume it appears to be a hand axe? The flat surface is extremely smooth! As always any info is greatly appreciated!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3303.webp
    IMG_3303.webp
    645 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_3304.webp
    IMG_3304.webp
    693.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_3305.webp
    IMG_3305.webp
    1 MB · Views: 102
Upvote 0
Kind of looks like Paoli chert aka Carter Cave
 
Last edited:
I agree with Jon, that looks like a big raw chuck of Carter Cave/Paoli Chert which is found all over Kentucky since it was a very prized material for the ancients. It does look like it has a percussion bulb which means it was probably knocked off a larger chunk. I don't think it's a Hand Axe though or even an artifact. Just a waste chunk.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom