What's new

Jesuit Records Found

Explorador

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 30, 2022
Messages
3
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
There is very little information about the early Jesuits in the fringes of Spanish occupation, but evidence on the ground tells a different story. The Spanish were here mining and running obscure branches of larger missions or illegal mining operations. The fact that some of the oldest maps indicate churches or missions at the very location of some of the evidence leads me to believe they were branches of larger missions. Not much is known or recorded about them. Very possibly the reason the King became suspicious and recalled the Jesuits. They were secretive and not providing him information. Perhaps the main missions did not record much about these fringe operations because this was the source of their wealth? I became involved with Jesuit research by accident many years ago as a young boy hearing a story from an old timer. I can give the YouTube link to this entire back story if it is allowed and interest is there. Basically a man by the name of Llewellyn Harris who was a Mormon missionary to the Zuni performed a remarkable miracle when he healed nearly the entire Tribe from small pox epidemic a deadly disease to the natives. In return for this miracle the Zuni gave Llewellyn a map to a Spanish Treasure. Over 40 years of back trailing this story, I have traced the entire event from the beginning to almost the end. I know where the treasure originated, I know where it was hidden, and I have a copy of the original map, I am in touch with Mr. Harris decedents, but I cannot put this thing to rest until I can give it a Paul Harvey send off. I want to know the "rest of the story", who these guys were (I suspect Jesuits) and the time frame they were here. Now to my question to the old timers of this forum. On page 41 of Lost Treasures On The Old Spanish Trail, George A Thompson, mentions Gene Ballinger, another treasure writer telling of the discovery of Jesuit records being found in a cave along the Virgin River. This is smoke from the gun I am looking for. If they were indeed Jesuit records, these were my guys. The mine and mission of the Golden Jesus was right on the Virgin River near St George, Utah. The mining area is the Silver Reef deposit that was mined years later when pure silver was discovered in sandstone. It amazes me that the Spanish had found it and were mining it but the evidence is beyond question. The old arrastra, mission rubble, and Spanish inscriptions are all there. Its location is on at least two old maps I have, including one made by Father Kino. Does anyone know anything about this discovery, these records? Is this article mentioned in one of Ballinger's old publications, a newspaper article at the time? Where did Thompson get his information. Where did these records end up? I have doubted many of the things Thompson wrote over the years but as time has gone on, I have had to eat my opinion on most of those doubts. Unfortunately, all my old contacts have gone to the great treasure hunt in the sky. For many years I corresponded with Thompson but this topic never surfaced in those days, I was not that far along in my research before his fateful car crash. RIP George! I have hit all the libraries, micro fish records and poured over as many of the old 1973 publications as I can find. Does anyone have a collection of the 1973 Ballinger publications. "The Steps of the Treasure Hunter Magazine" Any notes to the Thompson reference, such as who found this cache, or leads to where these church books ended up, (hopefully in a library or archive) would be greatly appreciated.
Here is the link to the back story on my Llewellyn Harris research and a copy of his map.
 
I can do ya one better... I can take you right to where the gold was as of 2016. I also found two bodies via sattelite imagery.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20230930-133744.webp
    Screenshot_20230930-133744.webp
    70.8 KB · Views: 195
Many stories have been told over and over BUT knowing that the Jesuits were being watched by all , why would they put anything in print just to have someone take the treasure's ???/ Instead think about how they could have secretly hidden their treasures from Pring eye's . Written document's would have been easily found and confiscated to acquire this treasure. So how could they "hide or code " this info from someone else??? The priest's painted a lot of picture of their location's and I've seen some of them at the Jesuit Museum in St. Louis Mo. years back and I posted something about my tour of their Museum. I wish I had taken picture's of their paintings because I think their painting's tell a story namely these are showing the location of their mines or where the bounty is hidden! The Jesuits sent only a certain amount of their gold back to their officials and kept the larger amount of gold for what ever reason ! These artifacts / pictures and story are now stored at the St. Louis University . You could get a tour of this faculty by asking or goggling the info for it ! I think with some imagination and some deep thinking / research into the locations where these were painted might prove to be a worth while project ?? :coffee2:
 
Many stories have been told over and over BUT knowing that the Jesuits were being watched by all , why would they put anything in print just to have someone take the treasure's ???/ Instead think about how they could have secretly hidden their treasures from Pring eye's . Written document's would have been easily found and confiscated to acquire this treasure. So how could they "hide or code " this info from someone else??? The priest's painted a lot of picture of their location's and I've seen some of them at the Jesuit Museum in St. Louis Mo. years back and I posted something about my tour of their Museum. I wish I had taken picture's of their paintings because I think their painting's tell a story namely these are showing the location of their mines or where the bounty is hidden! The Jesuits sent only a certain amount of their gold back to their officials and kept the larger amount of gold for what ever reason ! These artifacts / pictures and story are now stored at the St. Louis University . You could get a tour of this faculty by asking or goggling the info for it ! I think with some imagination and some deep thinking / research into the locations where these were painted might prove to be a worth while project ?? :coffee2:
The Jesuits left the clues in stone. There will will be many to read. The sites are set up like different storylines of the Bible. Knowing the Bible is just one part of it.
 
Many stories have been told over and over BUT knowing that the Jesuits were being watched by all , why would they put anything in print just to have someone take the treasure's ???/ Instead think about how they could have secretly hidden their treasures from Pring eye's . Written document's would have been easily found and confiscated to acquire this treasure. So how could they "hide or code " this info from someone else??? The priest's painted a lot of picture of their location's and I've seen some of them at the Jesuit Museum in St. Louis Mo. years back and I posted something about my tour of their Museum. I wish I had taken picture's of their paintings because I think their painting's tell a story namely these are showing the location of their mines or where the bounty is hidden! The Jesuits sent only a certain amount of their gold back to their officials and kept the larger amount of gold for what ever reason ! These artifacts / pictures and story are now stored at the St. Louis University . You could get a tour of this faculty by asking or goggling the info for it ! I think with some imagination and some deep thinking / research into the locations where these were painted might prove to be a worth while project ?? :coffee2:
Howdy russau,
I remember reading somewhere, that the way the Jesuits hid, or coded written documents was by using "Euskara" which is the Basque language. Basque country is located part in France, and part in Spain, and they have their own language. They also have the highest concentration of R-negative type blood, and high intelligence is one of the traits of R-negative.
Many of the early explorers were Basque, since most of the ships that sailed in those days were Basque made, and sailed. The Basque were the first to sail around the world. They also had mines in Basque country, so they were also in charge of most of the mining in the new world.
The very first Jesuit was a Basque, nuff said.
 
Just as an aside, when the Jesuits were kicked out of the country, many of them went to Japan and taught the Japanese better mining techniques. For those of you who are interested in Yamashita's Gold, in many pictures you will find the same rock markers pointing to trails and treasure locations where the Japanese buried their WWII trophies as you find in the SW like NM, UT. & AZ . I have spent the last five years interpreting signs for two groups in the Philippines utilizing the same signs we have here in NM.
 
Really a good point to concider ! The History Channel had a episode of Yamashitas hidden gold locations in the Phillipens and they had a American mining expert that agreed to show "some people "how to locate it with Japenese maps that were drawn up by Yamashitas trusted people and this mining guy had access to these maps and made copys of them . I think he is long gone by now, BUT those maps gotta be out there somw where The Phillipens Prez now claims all of it theirs and is against the law to seek or retreive it ! There are MANY hidden loocations of this treasure !
 
If anyone is interested in trying to figure out the Jesuits paintings for clues to understanding these paintings they are at the St. Louis ,University in St. Louis Missouri on Grand Ave. Monsinor Bondi at the University has everything displayed for safe keeping. verything used to be at the Jesuits school in Hazelwood Mo. but it was hard to keep it from being broke into so Bondi moved it !!! The original building / school is still there ( the white rock building) and all the Jesuits graves are still the including the main Black Robe and I cant remeber his name (I'm old !!!!) I think if a person could use a camara and NOT the flash he could get a real heads up on where to go next ! 10 os us had a personal tour befor it was moved by Monsinor ????? and it was real interesting! I'd like to go to the University and see how it is !
 
Just as an aside, when the Jesuits were kicked out of the country, many of them went to Japan and taught the Japanese better mining techniques. For those of you who are interested in Yamashita's Gold, in many pictures you will find the same rock markers pointing to trails and treasure locations where the Japanese buried their WWII trophies as you find in the SW like NM, UT. & AZ . I have spent the last five years interpreting signs for two groups in the Philippines utilizing the same signs we have here in NM.
It would be interesting if you would post photos of some of the carvings you feel are common to ones found in the SW states. Also, I'm in NM and my understanding is that the Jesuits were denied activity here by papal bull in lieu of grants to the Franciscan Order. Whenever I hear "Jesuit site" from THers, I assume they are mistaking all Catholics as Jesuits.
 
IMAGE_FILE_CACHE_PROFILE_PROVIDER.webp
PICT0818.webp
IMAGE_FILE_CACHE_PROFILE_PROVIDER.webp
PICT0818.webp
 

Attachments

  • 20250717_125851.webp
    20250717_125851.webp
    2.4 MB · Views: 40
  • PICT0820.webp
    PICT0820.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
  • PICT0815.webp
    PICT0815.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
  • PICT0849.webp
    PICT0849.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
  • 20250608_130726.webp
    20250608_130726.webp
    948.7 KB · Views: 28
  • PICT0812.webp
    PICT0812.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
Really a good point to concider ! The History Channel had a episode of Yamashitas hidden gold locations in the Phillipens and they had a American mining expert that agreed to show "some people "how to locate it with Japenese maps that were drawn up by Yamashitas trusted people and this mining guy had access to these maps and made copys of them . I think he is long gone by now, BUT those maps gotta be out there somw where The Phillipens Prez now claims all of it theirs and is against the law to seek or retreive it ! There are MANY hidden loocations of this treasure !
Rock markers, unless you are familiar with what you are looking for, are designed to be unobtrusive, so that you will walk right by them and not even be aware the rocks are talking to you. Even in the picture with the rock above do you see the little pointer under his butt, or the little one to the right just above the base. Every pointer rock points to another pointer rock until it gets to the target. Large pointer get smaller the closer you are to a target.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom