Jewelry jewelry everywhere!!!! (And a lot of little shiny ones)

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I went camping this weekend with our daughter and her family. It was my birthday so she said I could metal detect all I wanted. We went a state park about 90 miles from our home. This is the same park I stopped in on my way to our granddaughter’s birthday. The dam will not be fixed anytime soon so the water will be down all summer. When I was there before the dry part of the swimming area was roped off with no access allowed. I hunted tree beach and did find some coins and a small child’s silver ring. This time they have put up a fence in the water at the far edge of the swimming area so people can use the dry sand and wade. The water usually is about 4 to 5 feet deep where the fence is but now it is only a little over knee deep at the most.

For most of my hunting I used the ATPro. I did spend a few hours with the CZ-21, but most of the targets were small and the ATPro is better for the really small stuff than the CZ. This park is hunted hard each year and most of the coins and rings are cleaned out each year. Nobody gets it all and there are always a few large things left not not many. The water is off limits after the swim ropes come out so most of what I found was left from last year or years before.

I set my AT on PRO ZERO, with IRON AUDIO on and Desrimination set at 30. I set the SENSITIVITY down 2 notches. In this park I don’t pay too much attention to the VDI numbers. The smaller items can bounce around a bit and it is hard to tell from the numbers what you are getting. These smaller bits of jewelry are odd shaped and so rarely give that pure tone and consistent numbers.

We got there in the afternoon on Friday and we set up camp and I started hunting the dry sand where the water used to be. I found a lot of small fishing sinkers and pellet gun pellets. I did manage to score a silver earring back, a 10k earring back and a small silver hoop earring.

Saturday I spent most of the day in the same dry sand that had been underwater. The plan was to hit the water later in the evening. It was a hot day and a lot of kids were wadding. I figured my chances were better after the crowds went to dinner or home. Unfortunately the weather started to get iffy and the weather called for severe thunderstorm and hail. I was going in the water if that was the case.

My granddaughter decided she wanted to help me detect sø she helped pinpoint and sift out the finds. We found bunches of sinkers and pellet gun pellets along with 2 pennies, a dime, junky jewelry (some looks real nice, but it is not really worth anything). We did find a gold earring, a tungsten carbide ring, a mothers pendent, a copper LOVE ring, and a silver earring.

The weather did get worse, but it was not nearly as bad a predicted. Sunday was Mother’s Day and we packed up to go home it was raining some. I asked my wife if it would be ok if detected a few hour in the water to see if it was worth the effort. My wife is super and she said go for it. “I said this was your weekend to detect.” So I got my wet suit on and in I went. It was 63, raining and breezy. As soon as I hit the water I heard a rumble in the distance and thought I was done before I started. I kept at it with my eye on the sky. The sky started to clear and no more thunder, so I lucked out. Well 2 hours later I had 2 gold earrings, a silver earring and a silver earring back. I went to seee my wife who was cross stitching in the truck and she said to stay all day if I wanted. She would stitch and play games on the iPad and walk around the lake to get some exercise. Is is any wonder I have been married to this great lady gor almost 47 years?

So I ended up detecting for 7 hours on Sunday. My total hours for the weekend was 19.5 hours. I found the usual pop tabs (not many thankfully) and I did dig a few nails and bobby pins just to clean them out of the way. The rest of the finds are pictured below with statistics below each picture with a total of 14 silvers, 4 10k and 9 14k items. 27 precious metal finds for the weekend. I’ll admit they are all small and not worth much, but man was it fun!! Sunday was the best and it was really hard to stop, but we needed to get home and clean up the camping gear.

Today she is doing what ever she wants and she gets to pick any restaurant she wants for dinner. I do most of the cooking anyway, but this gives her a chance to get some different foods than I prepare.

Enjoy the picture, thanks for looking and may your coil pass over good things.

BAA3E4C3-377A-47F8-9E9B-02466F68C507.jpeg 022AB8E9-AD55-4B59-9643-5BBF15EAABF0.jpeg
88 sinkers––-66 pellet gun pellets

0403FF7A-BC9F-4ECE-905E-D24D5D22C658.jpeg
Miscellaneous bits of foil, broken tab bits, sequins, etc.

41F1EBF6-8173-4258-9370-2EBB63BABD27.jpeg F2E6161E-2C29-411F-9A7C-20291FEBA826.jpeg
54 pieces of costume jewelry ——40 earring backs, a LOVE ring, tungsten ring and a CZ cross

75658C6D-A526-424D-8EE7-24F4803AC80F.jpeg 71BE329C-4C18-4115-AF0A-6C527F7DFB0D.jpeg
a possible small meteorite, slim chances I know, but it is metallic, somewhat magnetic (not all meteorites are magnetic). It is heavy and it does not leave a streak on the streak plate. All good signs, but a long way from being conclusive. It does have some sand fused to the bottom of it. If it came in hot this would make sense. (Some people believe they come in hot and some say cold, the debate rages on)

88EC49A9-DC85-4049-B163-053CA7826770.jpeg
5 silver iffies, not marked- my 3 coins, 7 silver earrings, 7 silver earrring backs, a mothers pendant

A5B4DEFD-03D7-46B8-8BE4-39B44C0E47C9.jpeg 956CBFFD-69E6-4896-A406-F3E077131BAA.jpeg
3 10k earnings, 10k earring back, 6 14k earrings, 14k crucifix, 14k earring back, piece of 14k flower chain–––the chain is the missing middle part of a chain I found about a year ago, the small oval stone is a citron with a whit topaz above it, the center octagon has cz but it is the mate to one i found last year, and the blue stones test as tanzanite in hardness, but the color is not right. They are gem stones, just not sure which one they are (the white ones are cz)

Upvote 19

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like another camping trip is in short order.

Well done.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did the math, Flash. You dug one target every 3.5 minutes for 19 and a half hours. Way. To. Go. A truly amazing trip!

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your weekend was better than my previous YEAR! Awesome hunting, sir!

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the silver earrings had a stone that looked good so I checked it and it came up as a diamond. It registered at the top of the hardness scale and I had my doubts so I took it to a jeweler friend of mine and he confirmed it is a .56 karat black diamond. I know black diamonds are not worth a lot (about $30 for this size), but a half karat diamond is still a thrill.

5936A953-2BEB-432B-9EAD-D0D5FDB177FC.jpeg EB088439-69CC-46F7-A78B-F195487BC18E.jpeg

Thanks for looking and may your coil find good things. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread