What's new

✅ SOLVED Jewelry markings

Channon

Full Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2016
Messages
142
Reaction score
459
Golden Thread
0
Location
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Trying to find somewhere to identify jewelry markings. I know this is a cufflink but I don’t know where to look for finding out what the markings mean. When I google I just find markings for foreign countries(I’m in Massachusetts). ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1528485847.346271.webp
 
I'm about 99.9% sure that hallmark is for 'Swank'. They made/make costume jewelry, particularly men's cuff links, tie bars, etc. I'm not sure but they may still be in business today. As far as your original question, I don't know of any one particular web site that is a good place to research all jewelry marks. There are so many it would be a huge undertaking to try to create such a database
 
Upvote 0
That is indeed the mark for swank

I have probably fifty bookmarks and several books for figuring out hallmarks and still find stuff regularly that I cannot ID Generall the sites I use are broken up by type of jewelry, native made, costume, designer gold, vintage plastic, etc.
 
Upvote 0
Thank you!
 
Upvote 0
good place to start is google
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Big Gold!
Replies
9
Views
853
Replies
12
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom