john de bry says "spanishwere salvaging 8 ships" according to cuban archive sources

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
john de bry says "spanishwere salvaging 8 ships" according to cuban archive sources

I have often said that due to reading the reale eight data given to me by taffi fisher long ago --that in the hearings in Havana about the loss of the fleet --the pilot YNDA stated that Ubilla ordered Echeverz to join the 2 major treasure vessel from his fleet with his fleet as the storm approached --Echeverz did not like it but as Ubilla was the senior commander of the combined fleet -- so he had no choice in the matter --Echeverz also took the the small dutch prize vessel (known as Olandesia - the dutch) , as well --so the 5 vessels of Ubilla's fleet and the 3 from Echeverz 's fleet made a total of 8 --1715 fleet vessels in the general wreck area --- the other 3 vessels of Echeverz fleet broke away on their own --the nao Conception --the tobacco hauling (nao) San Miguel and the French prize vessel (cargo listed as "dye wood" ) known as "EL Ciervo" (the stag)

the statement by de bry --that the Spanish were salvaging 8 wreck sites in the 1715 fleet area (where we only current know of 6 for sure) --was made in the "expedition unknown" tv show --recently when de bry is shown researching the Cuban "Spanish" archives -- I have long said that there was 8 wrecks in the area ...

Last edited:

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just watched it tonight. Caught that. Good work Ivan.

Man, I wanted to run my fingers through the old pages. What a sensation!

I suppose it's all over now.

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well I had the data taffi fisher gave me in exchange for some of my research info I passed on to her -- as a gift she gave me a copy ( book) of the the "original" reale eight data from the "Spanish archives" (the English translated version) --it had the testimony of the Ubilla's fleet pilot --YNDA taken in Havana ,Cuba --in the fleet loss hearings held there -- it was from that that I figgered out that there were 8 ships that wrecked in the known 1715 fleet -- its nice to have it finally stated by a well known researcher like De Bry --while looking at the "Cuban copy" of the actual records ...so I guess no more folks arguing with me now...LOL,,,written proof seen on tv by a "famous" researcher to back me up..

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread