Joined a Credit Union This week.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
After seeing lots of posts talking about buying bags out of the machines at banks and Credit Unions. I finally found one who would sell me a bag.

It took me an hour to open the account for $5 after they wouldn't sell me any halves unless I had an account..... So I opened one..... I was on my way to dump and just stopped in so all I had was enough to buy $120 worth..... It took them a long time in the back getting them and I'm thinking there searching them.........She brings them out in a big envelope and I say oh their loose? she says yea they came out of the machine.....Oh you got a machine, I say...... Well than in that case would it be a problem for me to buy bags of, say dimes,nickles or penny's out of the machine when it fills up. I mean you could call me and I could be here that day or the next..........Sure no problem. Well how many halves do you have left?.......$20 Can you hold them for me till tomorrow?....Sure......OK see you tomorrow.

I get out to the car and search the $120 and come up with 11 40%'s 2 90%'s not bad....

The next day I return to buy the rest. and ask if there are any other branches in the area. They called their Main Branch and asked for halves for me.... main branch has 2 rolls and off I went.

I get out to the car and search the $20 and come up with 4 more 40%'s not bad

At the main branch buy the 2 rolls and I ask the manager about buying bags out of the machine?.... She said well I have never had anyone ask me that before.....(YES I'm thinking)...But I don't see why not....... Do you have a bag of dimes?.....Yes but It's a thousand dollars....... I'll take it.....Well alright. I'll be right back................

The 2 rolls of halves ....nothing

The bag of dimes...... this was hard, it took hours to search.
48 Canadian......ouch.... 12 1968...some potential
1 Bermuda dime
1 Panama dime
18 Rosie's....a 64D in MS condition
3 Mercury dimes....as pictured... 36P,40P & 42P The 40 is in a VF condition...Amazing

It was fun all in all but very time consuming. I was suprized to find the merc's in this condition.

Mojo

Attachments

• 418dimes.jpg
    418dimes.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 260
  • mercfrt418.jpg
    mercfrt418.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 258
  • mercbk418.jpg
    mercbk418.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 247
Upvote 0
OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Also got a nice 1941D W.L. I thought I'd share, in one of my normal box's this week not much else to report couple 40's couple 90's couple Ben's, Lot's of skunks and marked coins.

This is my prettiest find this week, outside of the Merc's

Mojo

Attachments

• 1941DWL.jpg
    1941DWL.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 205

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work Mojo......now that's hustling.........the Walker and Mercs are beauts!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread