Joining the church of the compadre

Prey is right, it is an apex hunter with no mercy.
I also have the older 7" coil version and love it.
The coil is big enough to make me feel I am covering a decent amount of ground and yet in areas with heavy iron or trash infestation it still acts like the smallest sniper coil and can pick though any site successfully.
Have fun.

Anyone clue you in on the secret handshake and pass words? :thumbsup:

Attachments

• terryshake.jpg
    terryshake.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 105
Prey is right, it is an apex hunter with no mercy.
I also have the older 7" coil version and love it.
The coil is big enough to make me feel I am covering a decent amount of ground and yet in areas with heavy iron or trash infestation it still acts like the smallest sniper coil and can pick though any site successfully.
Have fun.

What I have been wondering-, the old compare has a differently arranged circuit board I have seen on the forums. Therefore, is it basically a different machine? Slightly different capabilities? Disc exactly the same? Depth the same? Sensitivity, Speed, etc?

What I have been wondering-, the old compare has a differently arranged circuit board I have seen on the forums. Therefore, is it basically a different machine? Slightly different capabilities? Disc exactly the same? Depth the same? Sensitivity, Speed, etc?

I think another term is "updated circuitry," for the Compadre, allowing for slightly more power to the coil and even better discrimination in a slightly smaller board. :skullflag:

It has been said by a few that the older models might be a bit hotter, sparkier I think was the word used by Keith Southern, but all are close I believe.
All are hyper sensitive, all do the double beep thing to find targets next to big metal the same no matter which version or coil, the depth might be slightly different between many different ones but the difference is probably negligible.

After using mine for many hours I don't believe the 7" coil is actually the same as the 7" coil on my Mojave.
The wires don't seem to be placed all the way out near the edge but more inside 1/2-3/4" so in reality it might be very close to the 5.75" coil that eventually became standard.
Still got me 6-7" in depth in good soil, however.

Hello Terry,

I am still waiting for the secret handshake for the Tesoro Outlaw and Tejon. :dontknow:

Regards,

Doc

As many here know I am not the biggest Tesoro fan, but there is something 'magical' about that little Compadre! Had some great finds with mine (5.75" coil) and it will find the tiniest jewelry! Happy Hunting with the new machine, it may well surprise you!
Well a happy new member is joining me and it's the compadre.
Managed to find one with the 7inch coil in good condition.

So let's all prey!

Bleeping and digging bless us all.

As many here know I am not the biggest Tesoro fan, but there is something 'magical' about that little Compadre! Had some great finds with mine (5.75" coil) and it will find the tiniest jewelry! Happy Hunting with the new machine, it may well surprise you!

Atomic!!!!!!!! Where have you been? Missed you man! :headbang::BangHead::thumbsup::hello2::occasion14:

Terry! Missed you too! I had a stressful couple of years, put digging on the back burner, but i am getting back at it. Good to see you here, still fighting the good fight brother! Making America Detect again!

I have one with the smaller coil I had got it just for a super trashy area I was not disappointed this little thing is a beast finds the smallest of relics.

I found most of the jewelry I have found with a 5.75" compadre. I wouldn't take $250 for mine. I haven't used it this year, I think I'll get it out again if it ever warms up. They really just can't be beat.

First machine that I will be out in the early spring thaw! The trusty Compadre I am using the 8" and going back to the Vaquero 5.75 mostly this year, hope to hear more from my worthy Compadre and Vaquero beholders. Welcome to the church of Tesoro by the way, you will soon to find yourself owning more!

Cheers. :coffee2:

Lol it's funny you say that doggoneit, because I will bet with myself dollars to donuts that the compade or Mojave will be my first unit I take out once it thaws here in Michigan lol. Most likely the comPadre because I'm so comfortable with it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back