Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what it is as my find is still thawing out of a chunk of icy-dirt.

A good idea we had, but conditionds just too rough for any sane person, not to say that we are the same. we did decide to move on to a less windy/ wind-chill sitituation. And as such Dave did know of an area with some rock walls. An hour later we were there, oh what joy. With less wind I was almost sweating with all that cold weather gear.

Anyway shortly after getting out of the truck I hear Dave, and I know he's either got something good, or has has been bitten by a bear.

Here's the dig.

IMG_0940.JPG

And the find

IMG_0942.JPG

I can't help but think a really cool find of a toy, which is much more scarce than most any coin. I offered to trade my two buckles for it, but no dice (sad face)

Anyway here are a couple of the other cellar holes we did find on this "mission".

IMG_0941.JPG

IMG_0944.JPG

I think the doll, a lead, or pewter (yes) find is a great one, and much more scarce than most coins so, congrats Dave, what a fun hunt....not counting the numb finger from the first site.

Will update with my find as it un-thaws from it's brick of ice.

PS...we ain't done yet.

Attachments

• IMG_0943.JPG
    IMG_0943.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 156
Upvote 5

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right to the bitter end my friend! That point I started hunting is open water on both sides and one nasty spot. But now that I think I found the spot it would take something terrible to keep me away. Can't wait to see your thawed out treasure :-)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all good, your keeping our mystique alive & well! The non TH'res of the world think we're nuts any how why shake that theory ! Also glad you have Dave's screams down to a science, just needs a little tweaking. That toy is a real prize! Congrats to Dave! Can't wait to see what you have thawing! If it moves when it's thawed you may want to put it back! Quickly!

I was out Sunday too, I can vouch for it being Cooooooold, with a wicked wind. No snow down here yet. Just blue toes!

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rick, it was a good day after all, we found 3 more cellar holes to hunt.........when the weather is better:thumbsup:
On the plus side, the misquotes weren't biting.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure that figure is a toy, and not a statuette or a trophy top? I applaud your determination to get out and dig! Sub 8-)

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure that figure is a toy, and not a statuette or a trophy top? I applaud your determination to get out and dig! Sub 8-)
I don't think so, the area we were hunting in is an old logging community from the early 1800's to the early 1900's. The doll piece is made out of lead or pewter which was a common material for kids toys back in the day.I'll post up a pic of it cleaned up soon.
ZDD

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the cleaned up pic, definitely pewter.
ZDD
20131125_211020.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool toy from the rather cool trip.

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the cleaned up pic, definitely pewter.
ZDD
View attachment 904994

When I first saw this pic of your find...it reminded me of the statues that are holding up the world.

statue.jpg

Maybe a variety of this statue? It also looks like a lot of the "cherub" statues that were used to adorn antique clocks......

Last edited:

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first saw this pic of your find...it reminded me of the statues that are holding up the world.

View attachment 905286

Maybe a variety of this statue? It also looks like a lot of the "cherub" statues that were used to adorn antique clocks......
Well Sir, I think you are onto something there. This little thing sure looks like it has a child's face on it, but I just couldn't figure out why it was in such a pose. Very odd indeed, but you may have just solved the mystery for me. Thanks.
ZDD

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is what ol' Sub is thinking...a mantle-top replica of the Romulus and Remus statue of Rome...notice the infant boys poses...8-)
romulus.jpg

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we are crazy Canucks! I had several items that day in my pouch until I got home...Nice find...

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is what ol' Sub is thinking...a mantle-top replica of the Romulus and Remus statue of Rome...notice the infant boys poses...8-)
View attachment 905321
Well now, I just don't know what to think now. I guess this calls for another trip to the Cellar hole to find either a globe or a dog or what ever that creature is.ZDD

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice digs boys
2thumbsup.gif

Man i love cellar holes you never know what your gonna find