What's new

Junior "G" Man

wolcottdigger

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2008
Messages
320
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wolcott, CT
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Junior "G" Man

I went out to my new favorite spot today and found this toy badge under an inch of soil and about six inches of small rocks.
Anyone have a clue about the date.
 

Attachments

  • junior g man 300dpi.webp
    junior g man 300dpi.webp
    74.9 KB · Views: 423
Upvote 0
Re: Junior "G" Man

X-Star.webp​

The badge dates from the 1930's, about the time of Post Cereals' "Junior G-Man Corps" promotions featuring former FBI agent Melvin Purvis. However, I'm not sure whether it's one of the actual Post premiums, or one of the dime store toy badges issued to capitalize on the G-Man craze.
 

Attachments

  • X-Star.webp
    X-Star.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 383
Re: Junior "G" Man

That is one AWESOME badge. I keep hoping to find one of those one of these days.

Good find.
 
Re: Junior "G" Man

Nice find and in great shape.
I would bet it's a radio premium from around the 40's or 50's.
(but I could be way off :icon_jokercolor: )
Mike
 
Re: Junior "G" Man

melvin purvis began hosting a radio program, junior g men, in 1936.
many promotional items were
put on the market.
 
Re: Junior "G" Man

Love it! that find is sweet Congrats :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Re: Junior "G" Man

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Golden1 said:
Love it! that find is sweet Congrats :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yep ... Dickie was one of the first "JUNIOR G MEN" ...

He has since graduated to Rico Suave ... :thumbsup:

~ Nick ~
Yep... "JUNIOR G MAN" And the "KING" of Suave :headbang:

G1
 
Re: Junior "G" Man

Nice find...Here is one I found last year.....Gotta love em.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 14 (Large).webp
    Picture 14 (Large).webp
    68.4 KB · Views: 289
Re: Junior "G" Man

Welcome to "T-Net", "wd". Terrific find. That is so cool. No idea of the date,
but it sure is nice. Congratulations.
 
Re: Junior "G" Man

Super find. Best of luck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom