What's new

Junior Police , Silver, Token...Friday and Saturday, good stuff!

plumloko

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2008
Messages
302
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, Whites XLT
Haven't posted for awhile because I haven't found anything worth posting until yesterday and today.
Junior Police Badge, Old military button, Buffalo's, a V, SL Quarter and a foreign silver, along with 10 others!
The token reads "Mc Clurg and Davis Malade Idaho Good for 1 drink or cigar" (books for $65-$125)
Its good to be back in the groove again!
 

Attachments

  • PICT0316.webp
    PICT0316.webp
    100.3 KB · Views: 611
  • PICT0326.webp
    PICT0326.webp
    117.6 KB · Views: 590
Upvote 0
Wow..That's a Great Collection of Silver you got there. Cool Token too...Congrats on your finds. HH
 
Whilst all the silver is nice, I just love the junior police badge, did you clean that with the lime away also?
 
notgittinenny said:
Whilst all the silver is nice, I just love the junior police badge, did you clean that with the lime away also?

I clean alot of stuff with Lime a way, I only left the badge in it for a few minutes...Have you tried it yet?
 
Nope, but I have some CLR (calcium, Lime, and Rust remover) it is more of a liquid and enviromentally safe. Do ya think that would work?........ Not GE
 
notgittinenny said:
Nope, but I have some CLR (calcium, Lime, and Rust remover) it is more of a liquid and enviromentally safe. Do ya think that would work?........ Not GE
Certainly worth a try, Im always looking to try something new. I think the next cleaner to try out on stuff will be some Drano Gel.
Let me know how that CLR works, especially on Nickels.
 
previously I have experimented only on dateless injun nickels, I found that red vinegar and salt bath "gets the Red out" then a quick spin in the tumbler for 5 minutes with aquarium gravel and dawn detergent turned 'em back to nickel color.
 
I really like the finds. Ilike finding silver but I always hope for tokens.
 
Very, Very nice indeed. Love any old silver and SL quarters always get me going, date or no date.
 
Those are some Awesome coins! I have yet to find any foreign silver myself. Nice finds!

Ray
 
Very nice lot :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom