What's new

Junk rings better than no rings

gee_mg

Full Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2012
Messages
155
Reaction score
240
Golden Thread
0
Location
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster P.I. Dual Field; Minelab Sovereign GT; CTX 3030; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went beach detecting again this afternoon during an ideal low tide and scored another junk ring not even worth posting a picture! (sticks to a magnet, lol)......sure would love to score another gold or silver ring. Still have not found a real diamond or any silver or gold chains! Does anybody else have problems digging some targets? One particular one i kept digging and digging and digging and for the life of me could not recover the target. I abandoned it! Hate the feeling of wondering what it was. I did score 5 or 6 quarters; though!
 
Upvote 0
gee_mg,

I think at one time or another, we all have trouble digging up targets.

I've had to let many targets remain just because they were too deep, and too exhausting to dig further for.

The diamonds and chains will show up if you keep at it.

I wish you the best out there

Lorraine
 
I agree that target may have been a large chunk of metal maybe,,,deeper down. Probably not a ring lets hope :) Oh do you run a pin pointer. Now that I have a hand held pin-pointer ??I really hate to hunt with out it now, sad as that may seem :)
Good luck with your metal hunting.
Oh "Sandman" ( A member of this forum :) ) posted a url from a Blog (I guess you would call it ) from, a "long time" beach hunter,
who got right into studying tides, winds and, beach formations in order to boost his chances..
Sandman's link is .... The Golden Olde

Good luck out there :)
 
While all rings aren't gold or silver they are still rarer to find than coins. I knew a hunter that was always way ahead of me in the ring count till I learned he counted the junk ones too. But you are really doing well if you are finding earring backs. With the amount of hunters sifting the sand now days we gotta go for the tiny things too to have fun. An who knows, the big one will come when we slow down while looking for that diamond stud.
 
I learned about the magnet in the scoop! That's already helped me 3 times last time I was at the beach!
 
image-1479743238.webp

Oh well!!! Here is the ring i found yesterday in the wet sand. I am still amazed that I keep getting rings regardless of what they are made of!
 
Went beach detecting again this afternoon during an ideal low tide and scored another junk ring not even worth posting a picture! (sticks to a magnet, lol)......sure would love to score another gold or silver ring. Still have not found a real diamond or any silver or gold chains! Does anybody else have problems digging some targets? One particular one i kept digging and digging and digging and for the life of me could not recover the target. I abandoned it! Hate the feeling of wondering what it was. I did score 5 or 6 quarters; though!
Hi,my friend gee_mg:hello:don't feel bad I sure have been digging like you a lot until I started to listen to my P.I.After awhile you will sense the bobby pins & iron & when you get that faint sound you know it sounds different DIG,DIG,DIG:icon_thumright:When its really loud ,most of the time its iron or can slaw:laughing9::laughing7:But I try to get out as much so I can put it in practice,I too would like to find my first REAL DIAMOND,PLATINUM,GOLD GOIN & everything on my wish list:headbang:But if it happens it happens :dontknow:& if it doesn't It's okay b/c I really- really -enjoy reading the post of others Treasures:tchest:A good hunting buddy of mines told me everytime I go out md-ing to tell myself I will that Treasure:hello2:,,God Bless & HH
 
Targets seem to be in china sometimes and when that happens I just go on! There are plenty more and you will get use to this. Today I had a good signal that was ringing in well and as soon as I pulled the first bit of dirt and gravel out of the way it disappeared! I scanned all over the place but never found it! So, you will get both kinds. I think the ones that go away are just error on your part or either the target gets destroyed when you dig it and there is nothing left to make your detector respond.
 
I agree that target may have been a large chunk of metal maybe,,,deeper down. Probably not a ring lets hope :) Oh do you run a pin pointer. Now that I have a hand held pin-pointer ??I really hate to hunt with out it now, sad as that may seem :)
Good luck with your metal hunting.
Oh "Sandman" ( A member of this forum :) ) posted a url from a Blog (I guess you would call it ) from, a "long time" beach hunter,
who got right into studying tides, winds and, beach formations in order to boost his chances..
Sandman's link is .... The Golden Olde

Good luck out there :)
There is some really good information here, thank you!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom