Jupiter wreck lease

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they are in the process of renewing their permits.It takes time and they have to shell out more money.

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
There was an issue about fornicating snook we have to deal with that complicated our Army Corps dredge and fill
permits. Oh by the way, we do not have a lease. The Federal Courts awarded JWI ownership of the Jupiter Shipwreck site.
What we have is an agreement to work with the state called a 1A-32 Research and Recovery Agreement.

OP
OP
tarpon192

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was an issue about fornicating snook we have to deal with that complicated our Army Corps dredge and fill
permits. Oh by the way, we do not have a lease. The Federal Courts awarded JWI ownership of the Jupiter Shipwreck site.
What we have is an agreement to work with the state called a 1A-32 Research and Recovery Agreement.
Sorry Dom. I did know JWI was granted ownership. I messed up in my question.
Hope you get out their soon, and start recovering.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The Federal Courts awarded JWI ownership of the Jupiter Shipwreck site.

Would JWI ever consider issuing leases similar to the 1715 leases?

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
JWI has sub-contracted the Jupiter wreck sewveral times in the past. I know the "Ella Worley" worked there years ago. Also the "Rio Bravo" worked the site. Remember Darren?

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA
JWI has sub-contracted the Jupiter wreck sewveral times in the past. I know the "Ella Worley" worked there years ago. Also the "Rio Bravo" worked the site. Remember Darren?

JWI is working on straightening out our working relationships with all the various agencies.... Until such time as this is accomplished it can not even consider issuing subcontracts as it has in the past. Right now we "police and maintain a presence at our site" we may be even taking some of our political leadership out to it on occasion so they can better understand what the adventure of discovery is all about here in the beginning of the "treasure coast".

Unfortunately there are some "dark forces" out there who do not believe in the free enterprise ethic that made the foundation of our country great. Some of these people have infiltrated our own government and use positions to further their own ends, rather than protect the public interest. It is the job of all of us to be pro active and stand up when our rights may be being usurped. All we want to do is help Governor Rick Scott, "clean house in Tallahssee" and "Put Florida back to work" here in the beginning of the Treasure Coast.

Last edited:

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
What year was that Don?

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. Part of my 2004 Division from Mel Fisher's group was a 2 escudo coin from the Maravillas which they traded some Atocha stuff for. From what I understand, the economic situation has seriously eaten into the value, but every now and then I grab my copy of Shipwreck and go back in time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread