just a thought

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Thank you for the post. I hadn't even thought to get a tetanus booster. Got a doctors appointment next week and will tell him to shot me up. ;)

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
When free-roaming kids stick their hands down in the hole I'm sometimes digging, I always wonder when I may wind up stabbing one of them right through the hand. I've barely missed on a couple of occassions. The kids these days are more in your face than many years ago, and often have no social skills, just blindly diving into things that aren't their business. I supose it's because of the liberal mentality that they may have been taught by their parents, as in a lack of respect for others or others space and to have the freedom to not be scolded as they were many years ago, but whatever the reason is, I sure try to keep them at a safer distance when they get curious and pushy like that.

This behavior seems to fall of dramatically when they are around 12+ years old though.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, Easy Money, kids will be kids. There are many "adults" that don't have any social skills either.

I wear thin gardening gloves durning the spring and fall. Summer time I am in the water.

epi-hunter

Nov 1, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Cutting your hands is a concern, but I've had more problems with my feet...

I stepped on a rusty nail a couple of years ago detecting, and ended up in the hospital for three days with sepsis.

When I got out, I bought a nice sturdy pair of boots.

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you Epi-Hunter. I used to detect wearing sneakers until I stepped on a rusty nail. It went into the sole but didn't go through. Now its boots even in the summer time.

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
Just kinda curious, I've been around a long time and I've never known anyone that has ever had Tetanus (Lock-Jaw as it used to be called) . Anyone else know?

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
silverswede said:
Just kinda curious, I've been around a long time and I've never known anyone that has ever had Tetanus (Lock-Jaw as it used to be called) . Anyone else know?

I don't know any personally. But I would rather get the booster than take the chance. :)

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always wear gloves--even in the summer. They may not offer much protection from really sharp items, but at least they offer some. I found a hypodermic needle in a plowed soybean field this past fall. I'm assuming it was used for cattle. Funny thing is that I was scared to put it in my pocket or finds pouch for fear of forgetting it was there. Either way, be careful when you grab those handfulls of dirt!

-Buckleboy

OP
OP
wwwtimmcp

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
my neighborhood buddy damn near died from tetanus, if you can get gi surplus spike protective boots. I wear danner special forces boots available from u.s.cavalry.com .

my buddies foot swelled up like a baloon and was a nasty light purple/pink color.

my nieces husband lost a finger to a minor cut too. I'm kinda attached to the body parts I got.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread