2 Wheats
1912 - 1918

Picture 008.jpg

2 Indians
1898 - 1905

Picture 007.jpg

Upvote 0
Re: just back after a long Ride & Hunt

Interesting assortment of find there Jeff :thumbsup: I like the Indian Heads :headbang:

It seems like you're on here all day sometimes :tongue3: Glad you found the time to sneak out and grab a few keepers.

Good diggin!!!

jeff741972 said:
Nice, I still cant get a date off of that one coin :dontknow:

I hope your planning on posting Jeff.
You had a good day.

Perhaps a posted pic will help ID it

nice job Jeff. i wonder what kind of day we would of had if we had some rain the last few days.

texjim said:
nice job Jeff. i wonder what kind of day we would of had if we had some rain the last few days.

Yea we talked about that on the way home.
Nice moist ground may double the signals.

I gotta charge my camera battery first, I tried a lil wax, and nothing, the date was better down there than now :icon_scratch: olive oil shortly I guess :dontknow:

Great finds Jeff :icon_thumright:

Today was a blast, thanks for helping me find the way to the tribe!

Boy are you correct about the rain point Jeff. As you know, I'm only a stone's throw away from you here in NJ. Not only has this been one of the hottest Summer's on record, but, what little rain we've had has come in one-shot buckets. It saturates the top layer, but, underneath is still like digging through play-doh :laughing7: Then EVERYTHING is completely dried up again a day or two later with the searing heat :tongue3:

BTW, funny...I said the same thing to my hunting buddy recently. If the ground had adequate moisture, we'd EASILY gain a couple of inches of depth.

Here in Northern NJ, they are already starting to issue water conservation alerts. The telltale sign that a possible drought warning is right around the corner. We're down around 2 inches from where we need to be.

This is one Summer I want to see go bye-bye as fast as possible. What a year we had in the Northeast. The snowiest Winter on record, followed by the hottest Summer in roughly 4 decades :tongue3:

Here's a toast to the coming - and GREATLY anticipated - Fall hunting season :coffee2:

njnydigger said:
Boy are you correct about the rain point Jeff. As you know, I'm only a stone's throw away from you here in NJ. Not only has this been one of the hottest Summer's on record, but, what little rain we've had has come in one-shot buckets. It saturates the top layer, but, underneath is still like digging through play-doh :laughing7: Then EVERYTHING is completely dried up again a day or two later with the searing heat :tongue3:

BTW, funny...I said the same thing to my hunting buddy recently. If the ground had adequate moisture, we'd EASILY gain a couple of inches of depth.

Here in Northern NJ, they are already starting to issue water conservation alerts. The telltale sign that a possible drought warning is right around the corner. We're down around 2 inches from where we need to be.

This is one Summer I want to see go bye-bye as fast as possible. What a year we had in the Northeast. The snowiest Winter on record, followed by the hottest Summer in roughly 4 decades :tongue3:

Here's a toast to the coming -and GREATLY anticipated - Fall hunting season :coffee2:

there is a County wide
no Burn law in effect here right now

Although there are reasons I'd like to see rain,
there are also reasons I'd like a 2 to 3 year drought.
I Know a Lake I'd like to search again.

Last drought I Got a 1797 half cent there

Sweet!

Four Olde Cents Spanning 20 years, That's Pretty Cool. WE have the Best Hobby ( addiction ) in world !

jeff741972 said:
I'm guessing you're talking about the holed piece next to the quarter? I don't think that's a coin, Jeff. Looks more like a watch fob. I don't know of any coin with that kind of edge pattern.

Tuberale said:
jeff741972 said:
I'm guessing you're talking about the holed piece next to the quarter? I don't think that's a coin, Jeff. Looks more like a watch fob. I don't know of any coin with that kind of edge pattern.

No.
jeff741972 was talking about his flying eagle cent.
See his post in Todays Finds.;

The Large holed piece above is probably
from a Keychain or Neckless
and was never Engraved.
I Labled it as a Vintage Charm
in my collection

Got you some more Injuns to add to your "Tribe" from the other day. :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back