What's new

just did 4 more boxes of dimes - 8 more keepers - pix added

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I did 4 more dime boxes and here is my take:

1946
1951
1951s
1957
1959d
1964
1964d

and I found a 1962 Canadian dime. What is its silver content?

My last 2 days I have searched 7 dime boxes and have found a total of 15 U.S. silver dimes!!!!!

Here is a pix for all of you silver-fiends... ;D

3123415798_7f163bb0e2_o.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Re: just did 4 more boxes of dimes - 8 more keepers

Nice take, its really cool how they are all different. The canadian dime is 80% silver, 20% copper.
By the way, what do people do with those canadians? Do they sell on ebay well?
 
Re: just did 4 more boxes of dimes - 8 more keepers

kbinski said:
Nice take, its really cool how they are all different. The canadian dime is 80% silver, 20% copper.
By the way, what do people do with those canadians? Do they sell on ebay well?
I've found about 15 - 80% Canadians so far this year. Per spot they are worth probably 60 cents ea. Oh well, I don't sell anywho, still hoarding.....
 
Nice finds! I gotta start working on those dimes!
 
That is some AWESOME dime finds...

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Happy Hunting,
Jason
 
I am debating this but I am thinking of trying to complete a silver dime set. As of late I have been finding quite a few silver rosies myself.
 
tank014 said:
I am debating this but I am thinking of trying to complete a silver dime set. As of late I have been finding quite a few silver rosies myself.

Try it, we get these things at face value, might as well... :icon_pirat:
 
Your results are almost identical to mine. 7 boxes in the last 2 months with a total of 15 silver dimes ( 14 rosie and 1 mercury). I can't believe you got through all those boxes so quickly. Merc 63
 
I just edge hunt dimes, I timed my self today, it takes me a little more than 1/2 an hour per box (in my car). :icon_pirat:
 
This may sound silly, but any advise on opening the darn wrappers ? That is what seems to slow me down.
 
I just use my finger nails to get under the wrapper and tear the centers out. I look for any silver edges then dump them into my dump bag. Then I pop out the coins that are in the ends into my hand, then look at the edges, then dump in the bag. Once you get a rhythm you will be able to fly through them.
 
TreasureFiend said:
I just use my finger nails to get under the wrapper and tear the centers out. I look for any silver edges then dump them into my dump bag. Then I pop out the coins that are in the ends into my hand, then look at the edges, then dump in the bag. Once you get a rhythm you will be able to fly through them.

TOO FUNNY, I do the same excact thing, it works great becuase the roll holds the dimes nice and tight in line so it is easy to edge search. I am still shocked at the finds you have. I have done a few boxes but havent had the luck that you have had. My goal this week is ten boxes of dimes(I'll give the nickels a break). If I get 15 silver dimes I will be happy. Again congrats on the dimes.

Happy Hunting,
Jason
 
Man TF I crown you the Treasure Net Dime King! I don't think anyone else holds a candle as far as dimes. Good Job.

-Golden Silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom