62.8 KB · Views: 1,223

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
old fashioned beef base --gravy maker---type product---mix with water makes beef dripping type gravy (au jus)--add a bit of flour and get thick beef gravy -- you can mix a small amount in to help beef up the flavor of foods--very salty stuff---little goes a long way---P.S. I was a cook for a living for many years---and thus know the modern equal to it products very well--- oh by the way --its so old that using it in any way would be a very bad to fatal idea--- SO DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE IT ---Ivan

Upvote 0

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
relic lover said:
Soooooo nasty!!!
LMAO....too funny. I will send you 10 silver coins if you make a small video of you opening it and doing a finger test...(dip finger in....taste....vomit). PLEASEEEEEEEE.... ;)

Upvote 0
T

TreasureTales

Is there much difference between this product and beef bullion cubes today? I don't think so. Only this stuff was a liquid or gelatin. No biggie. In days gone by, people didn't have refrigeration, so folks used smoking, drying, curing and maybe something like this stuff. Perhaps it was a good substitute until more meat could be added to the larder.

Upvote 0

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
When I saw BV the first thing that came to my mine is Bovine/ Cattle.

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
as a professional cook for over 27 years in the merchant marines---- the really "scary part" is "commerical cooks" everyday use a modern similar "wet style beef base" to this very day --its commonly used for making au jus for prime rib of beef or for making beef gravy and other beef "flavored" items ---if you've eat at a resturant lately most likely you've had some of it ---- sorry just thought you should know ----- ;) Ivan

Upvote 0

captain Jack

Sep 26, 2006
Richmond, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
ivan salis said:
as a professional cook for over 27 years in the merchant marines---- the really "scary part" is "commerical cooks" everyday use a modern similar "wet style beef base" to this very day --its commonly used for making au jus for prime rib of beef or for making beef gravy and other beef "flavored" items ---if you've eat at a resturant lately most likely you've had some of it ---- sorry just thought you should know ----- ;) Ivan

HA hA! my wife gets au jus with her sandwiches all the time...I'm definitely gonna show hwr this thread!! She's groooooossss! Meanwhile I will go on living my life in perfect ignorance of what I consume every day!

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
gibbsium said:
Oh, good Lord no. Kinda makes me hungry for a nice hot cup of bacon juice.
yummy...hydrolyzed, hydrogenized, coagulated and aged pig brain juice.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread