cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just took a batch of gold and silver to my refinery. It is a 20 min drive from my office. I get buzzed into the room and take out my gold and while the girl is weighing it I look down and on the carpet at my feet is a gold earring.

I pick it up and show her (only because there are cameras everywhere) and put it thru the window opening and she tosses it in with my batch. It could not have been more than .1gr

I will find out the melt results and what they will mail me in an hour. They pay the same as my other favorite melter but I do not have to pay shipping and I do not have to worry about it getting lost. Gold and silver are not insurable.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cyberdan said:
I just took a batch of gold and silver to my refinery. It is a 20 min drive from my office. I get buzzed into the room and take out my gold and while the girl is weighing it I look down and on the carpet at my feet is a gold earring.

I pick it up and show her (only because there are cameras everywhere) and put it thru the window opening and she tosses it in with my batch. It could not have been more than .1gr

I will find out the melt results and what they will mail me in an hour. They pay the same as my other favorite melter but I do not have to pay shipping and I do not have to worry about it getting lost. Gold and silver are not insurable.

Gold and silver are not insurable.

Cyberdan,

I was wondering if it is considered "Jewelry" that is gold or silver, would it be insured and covered like a clock or watch, etc would be?

Bill

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
billjustbill said:
I was wondering if it is considered "Jewelry" that is gold or silver, would it be insured and covered like a clock or watch, etc would be?
Not sure. I got into two long discussions with two completly different insurance companies that all they do is insure shipped items. I can not remember the names because I deleted them from my favorite list.

Basically they said there is no way to prove the karat value and actual weight of something I send. They do a lot of ebay insurance where there is an actual paper trail.
a)list of auction
b)buyer of auction
c)money goes into paypal
d)I ship and get tracking number

selling gold to ARA there is only my word of what is in the box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread