Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
About thirty years ago, back before cell phones and other mindless electronics, life was simpler. David D. was in high school and being in the country, spent his spare time with basketball (school team), fishing, hunting and working on the farm. David had asked to get a coon dog because he wanted to competition coon dog hunt. David's father, Bobby D. finally said yes but on one condition, that he had to go to the dog when it treed and he was home. This meant no matter the time etc and of course David agreed to the terms. A couple of months later, I saw David and Bobby at some basketball games and asked how the dog was doing. David suddenly grinned and then looked over to his father who told him to tell me about the one eyed monster. I knew something was up by the way Bobby chuckled and shook his head. David began explaining how the coach had run them really hard this particular day and he was just really wore out and tired when he got home. He had eaten his supper and headed for his bed when the dog started barking treed outside. David looked wearily at his father who quickly reminded him of his obligation. David nodded and grabbed the flashlight and headed outside. Now David was quick to point out several things, he was super tired and the flashlight wasn't the brightest one to use. David made his way over to the dog and saw that it had treed in a hole in the ground, no big deal, coons and possums will use a hole if need be. So David tied the dog to a fence post and since he was there, decided to see what exactly was in the hole. So he got down and tried to see what was in the hole and here was where David got into trouble. David said that with the dim flashlight, all he could see looked like something with one closed eye. David said that as he was trying to figure out what in the world this thing was, the eye began to open. Bobby was already chuckling as David said, "The eye squirted right into my face! I couldn't get away from there fast enough!" Bobby was laughing as he said, one eyed skunk! David then said, I was so tired but after it squirted me, I was wide awake! Then Bobby said, yeah, the tomato juice bath didn't help much so he got to sleep out on the porch. So there you have it, not all holes have treasure in them and you for sure want to avoid the ones with skunks in them. David was my nephew and we still remind him of the one eyed monster.

cajamk

Jan 5, 2017
Northern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sitting here with my coffee and just read your story. Thanks for the early morning chuckle!

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story. Thanks for shareing.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest: