Just got my Dues II today

kentuckycornelius

May 14, 2021
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got a Dues II today, been using a Nox 800 most recently, so new to the XP family.

Two Questions,
1. How do I know when it's charged? Is it that the light has a long blink on the coil, and the battery full indicator flashes full on the headphones and RC.
2. Does anyone use behind the ear hearing aids with the WS6 headphones? Any tips for using both at the same time?

Here goes my climb on the learning curve! Which me luck!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome aboard! The coil is charged in about 3 hours with a steady light on the coil. When you remove the charging clip the light on the coil will blink once every 3 seconds.
The RC and WSR will flash a full battery icon on screens.
Good luck!

Last edited:

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Coil on charge: Constant LED
Switching on: Rapid flashes followed by three to 1 long flashes depending on battery level*
In operation: One flash per second
On stand-by: one flash every four seconds
On deep stand-by seriously discharged: one flash every thirty seconds
Switching off: three to one long flashes depending on battery level
When switching on the MI-6 pinpointer: the coil LED flashes rapidly.

JCinPC

Greenie
Jul 18, 2017
Lower Alabama
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So there is no “fully charged” coil indicator? During charging, the light remains constant regardless of how low or fully charged the coil is?
Received mine, put it on the charger, and light remained constant straight out of the box.
Question: Does the constant light mean the coil is fully charged, or that the coil is connected and charging properly?

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I assume it would be the same as the Deus 1, the coil light stays on while charging. When it's fully charged the light will blink. So if your coil light is not blinking, it's still charging.

JCinPC

Greenie
Jul 18, 2017
Lower Alabama
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Switching on: Rapid flashes followed by three to 1 long flashes depending on battery level
I assume it would be the same as the Deus 1, the coil light stays on while charging. When it's fully charged the light will blink. So if your coil light is not blinking, it's still charging.
Thank you all. I did read the manual, but I couldn’t figure out the cartoons of blinking lights. The cartoons now make sense…lol.. .So once switched on, the coil will rapidly flash, followed by three long flashes=100% charged, or 2 long flashes=60%, , or 1 long flash=30% charged. HuntinDog. If it’s still there after i post, sorry about the double quotes. Have no idea how to delete quotes once initiated.

OP
OP
kentuckycornelius

kentuckycornelius

May 14, 2021
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard! The coil is charged in about 3 hours with a steady light on the coil. When you remove the charging clip the light on the coil will blink 3 seconds on, 3 seconds off.
The RC and WSR will flash a full battery icon on screens.
Good luck!
Thank you! Much appreciated!

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
When you have the coil on the charger it will have a solid light.
Once it has reached full charge (+-3hrs) it will blink on and off in n3 second intervals.
The light also blinks on standby when not on charge or in use.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread