What's new

Just me and my Tater rake today.

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to go check the creek after all that rain we had. Took my camera with. Every time I bring it I dont find squat and it was no different today. The creek was really high maybe after a week or so I can hit it again. Good thing I enjoy walking with nature and enjoy the quiet. That black piece in the shallow water is a instu of a pottery shard. I got 3 shards and the rest was broken pieces.
 

Attachments

  • 100_4587.webp
    100_4587.webp
    795.1 KB · Views: 236
  • 100_4589.webp
    100_4589.webp
    716.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 100_4595.webp
    100_4595.webp
    514.6 KB · Views: 140
  • 100_4599.webp
    100_4599.webp
    508.7 KB · Views: 158
  • 100_4603.webp
    100_4603.webp
    1 MB · Views: 151
  • 100_4609.webp
    100_4609.webp
    206.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 100_4613.webp
    100_4613.webp
    709.4 KB · Views: 160
  • 100_4615.webp
    100_4615.webp
    256.5 KB · Views: 156
Upvote 0
Yeah man the time to hit the creek is when the water is low
 
Thanks for the show rock. Nice looking creek.
 
anyone else hunt with a tater rake?
 
anyone else hunt with a tater rake?

I have never hunted per say, but after I go over a rock bar I have raked the bar to turn the rocks, then the next rain even if it is a small one I can see new objects.
 
They are great to use. Helps when the banks are slippery. Just dig it in and use it to walk down or up without slipping or latch it to a small tree. It really helps in removing leaves or brush also. In any case it makes a good walking stick as well. Its good for raking the gravel instead of using your hands when the water is cold.
 
Here are some other pics of the fields I was in. I walked 5 fields total but they all looked like these. Cover crop is in. Soybean crop is the brown one. What a mess
 

Attachments

  • 100_4590.webp
    100_4590.webp
    700.6 KB · Views: 128
  • 100_4605.webp
    100_4605.webp
    860.5 KB · Views: 136
  • 100_4592.webp
    100_4592.webp
    692.2 KB · Views: 124
I think you did great rock I am going to try the tater take and also iv done what you said rack a little rain does a good rake job some good !!
 
BAN NO TILL!!!!!!!!!!!
 
looks handy there rock,good looking hunting sites too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom