Just returned home from Brimfield, MA

Mar 30, 2015
Salem County, New Jersey
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know if this is the correct forum for this post, but I thought that the regulars that post/read here would appreciate it the most.

I just got back home from the ultimate "Flea Market" which is Brimfield, MA. I set-up in a small field last Monday afternoon, staying there all week. I am officially hooked with this market, falling in love with the people, the attitude, and the atmosphere. I will be returning there this year to sell and buy in July and September, and I say now that I shall be attending each and every year for the rest of my life, based upon this first visit! If you have never attended, I must tell you that you are missing out on an awesome event, no matter how far you would have to travel in order to attend...it would be worth the trip! Anything and everything is offered in the fields there, no matter what you may be searching for. In the small field that I was set-up in, selling was brisk on Tuesday, slow but steady the rest of the week, and the overall dealer-to-dealer trade was very strong. Needless to say, there are bargains to be had with an estimated 5,000 to 7,000 vendors selling their wares, and an estimated 100,000 to 125,000 patrons throughout the week. I made a few quick-flip deals while there, purchasing some items on one day and selling them for a nice profit the next. I still have to review and digest my notes from the week, but I think that I sold approximately 1/3 to 1/2 of the merchandise that I brought with me. Unfortunately I did not take any photos while there, as I was too busy selling, shopping, and networking. Put it on your "bucket list"...you will not regret it!

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you enjoyed. You had some great weather!
I live a couple of towns away from Brimfield but was just too busy to get out there.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hardly ever go anymore. Too many people asking high retail for much stuff. If you like it now, you would really have loved it 30 years ago. Many of us who used to be regulars there don't go much anymore. Sellers asking too much, newbie antique buyers willing to pay more than items are worth. Much better hunting at other markets. Glad you had fun though.

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hardly ever go anymore. Too many people asking high retail for much stuff. If you like it now, you would really have loved it 30 years ago. May of us who used to be regulars there don't go much anymore. Sellers asking too much, newbie antique buyers willing to pay more than items are worth. Much better hunting at other markets. Glad you had fun though.
Sounds like a good place to sell. The 127 corridor sale is the same way. Most of the prices are too high. Though there are always a few newbie sellers with decent prices, the trick is finding them. I've never been to Brimfield but I wouldn't mind going there one year on vacation.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems everyone now a days thinks crap is worth a fortune. 90% of stuff is overpriced.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread