just saying hello

RNELSON

Oct 7, 2008
:)hello, my name is Rory..i just signed on here. i have been hunting for a good while but finally thought i would sign up.. i have a coinmaster 5900 Di Pro and a 6000 Di Pro SL.nothing fancy .. :wave:.yet 8) i plan on getting a new detector ,when i figure out which one i want ;D. i'm going to stick with white's i think.. can anyone give me some helpful tips on a detector for coinshooting? Thnak You all for your help and your company.

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!,great site with good people and lots of info

Welcome. By the way, my brother sold his DFX to get a 6000Di Pro again as he is primarily a coin shooter. He swears the 6000 is the best coin shooter White's ever made. My favorites for coin shooting are the Vaquero, MXT and the X-70. Of course you'll gets lots of opinions to your question.

Hi Rory and welcome to the forum. You are going to get a lot of great advice here on which detector different folks think is best. We are all pretty proud of our tectors so some of the comments will be pretty biased. Nuff said. Take a close look at the whites m6. IMHO it is the best overall detector for the money if you don't plan on doing a lot of prospecting. If Prospecting is in your future then look at the MXT. :thumbsup:

Just wanted to say Hello and welcome to Tnet. I'm sure you will be able to figure out which detector to get. HH

After reading all the hoopla about the DFX,I took the bait and bought one.After several weeks of reading the manual and other literature and trying to understand what it was trying to tell me,I sold mine and went back to my XL-PRO! Having used Whites analog detectors(5000-6DB-6000)since the late 70's I found it hard to adjust to the different sounds/tones.I would suggest you try one of the digital detectors for a day or two before you buy one.My experience was like culture shock or learning to detect from scratch!The constantly flashing vdi's didn't help either.Just my opinion.DBULL

Welcome to Tnet!
I started with a White's. Nothing fancy, just a 5ID from Kellyco.
I have converted to Minelab Quattro this year. I really like the difference. I am finding many more silver, and deeper coins.
Having said that, the learning curve was certainly there. Switching from mono to DD etc. was frustrating at first, but I am enjoying the successes that come from it, and thinking about E-trac or Explorer.
I still enjoy using the White's, but not as much as I enjoy bringing home the goodies!

My two wheaties worth. (If I am not putting too much value on it.)

HH
Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back