What's new

Just take a little off the top please!!!!! YES YES YES YES Its a BARBER!!!!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out today and got my first BARBER!!!! I did 3 boxes of halfs and 4 boxes of dimes, 1 box was a skunk!!! My first dime box had 6 silvers including the Barber dime!!! The 2nd dime box had 22 silvers including both Mercs, then the 3rd dime box had 4 silvers. Great day - I am so happy, I never actuially thought that I would ever find a Barber!!!!!

Ok here are the pix!!!
 

Attachments

  • 1-9-09 - 01.webp
    1-9-09 - 01.webp
    52.6 KB · Views: 528
  • 1-9-09 - 02.webp
    1-9-09 - 02.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 525
  • 1-9-09 - 03.webp
    1-9-09 - 03.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 513
  • 1-9-09 - 04.webp
    1-9-09 - 04.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 524
Upvote 0
WOW, I'm new to CRH, but from what I understand a Barber is a rare find, A BIG congrats TF :thumbsup:
 
MarkinIa said:
WOW, I'm new to CRH, but from what I understand a Barber is a rare find, A BIG congrats TF :thumbsup:
All depends on your definition of rare, I found 7 last year casually hunting.

AMC
 
AMC rulz said:
MarkinIa said:
WOW, I'm new to CRH, but from what I understand a Barber is a rare find, A BIG congrats TF :thumbsup:
All depends on your definition of rare, I found 7 last year casually hunting.

AMC

Come on man........... So your saying it's easy.......... Sorry to disagree......... You got very lucky..........How many have you found since? ......... It aint easy and it aint casual.


Mojo........ no Barber dimes yet.
 
coinmojo said:
AMC rulz said:
MarkinIa said:
WOW, I'm new to CRH, but from what I understand a Barber is a rare find, A BIG congrats TF :thumbsup:
All depends on your definition of rare, I found 7 last year casually hunting.

AMC

Come on man........... So your saying it's easy.......... Sorry to disagree......... You got very lucky..........How many have you found since? ......... It aint easy and it aint casual.


Mojo........ no Barber dimes yet.
Mojo, I didn't say it was easy. I'm not a hard-core hunter like some, those were my finds from 2008. We're only 2 weeks into '09, and i've only searched 3 boxes of dimes so far....but i expect to get more Barbers this year. My opinion of rare would be a finding a seated coin still in circulation, and I have seen some on this forum. Just my .02 AMC
 
AMC rulz said:
All depends on your definition of rare, I found 7 last year casually hunting.

AMC

You've had very good luck then....I have found my first one this year....only searched through over 900,000 dimes over the past 3 years to find it. I wanted to say it was 1 in 1 million...but I can't quite say that yet... :P
 
PLain and simplle its hard to find barbers in ciculation. Some people are luckyer then other thats just a fact. IL give you a great example. LJ searches a ridiculous amount of coin, or atleast did. So i naturally assumed she found alot of barbers. She has only found 7 in 2-3 yrs hunting. I consider myself lucky for finding a barber half after only one yr crh.
 
Nice work TF!!! Bigtime congrats on your first Barber.

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom