Just wondered how Tnet members rig belt and harnesses etc for pouches and equipment.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For years I have just worn a military pistol/equipment belt for hunting but think there has to be a better way. I do carry a back pack when I have to go long distances from the vehicle but try not to. I live in a rural area and hunt mainly early home sites. Often taking me from 1/4 to 1 mile from the truck. I spend nearly as much time scouting for the old sites as I do hunting them. These hikes are often in rough overgrown areas. With my shovel attachment (hammer loop), dig pouch, pinpointer pouch, canteen, and junk pouch (often carry Glock in it) this thing wears me out. I have a H-type harness ordered that connects to the belt but just wondered what has worked best for most of you guys. Input would really be appreciated.:wave:

Note: I have recently attached an over the shoulder strap to my T2 that allows for using both hands while digging without lying my detector down which is working pretty well. I may be able to connect to the H-harness when I get it. Got the idea from an AquaChigger vid.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
TNGUNS
I like to wear Bib overalls in the spring and fall, have enough pockets in them for all my stuff...but to hot for the summer.
In the hot summer i got a belt and PRT Pouch.
In New York its very hard to get a hand gun permit...so i can`t add anything on where to put your gun.HH
Gary

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a Camelpac with bungee clipped on and attached to detector.

Camelpac holds 2 liters, I put 1to1 1/2 liters of water in it and put it in freezer, when I leave to go hunt I fill it up with water and have cold water all day long....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G.A.P. .....We are in two different worlds on the gun thing. Nearly everybody carries here, especially in our rural areas. It is just a given. I wear Carhartt pants most of the time for the briars and their bibs in the cooler weather as well. Still have to have the belt for canteen, gun, trash pouch etc.

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great idea Treasure Hunter. I generally just freeze bottled water and stick em in a pouch. Kills 2 birds with one stone there.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ya TNGUNS
I wish i could carry.as most of the gangs and thugs are armed...so i stay out of the city parks...i envy you guys that can carry a hand gun..we got big cats,wolfs and packs of coyotes here in the country.
Gary

Last edited:
OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the belt I am thinking about attaching H-harness to. The cammo is the Glock pouch. The WWII era canteen holder is a catch all. I use the hammer loop and modified shovel as it doesn't hand down so far if I have to do a lot of walking but like digging with the Sampson better and use it the most often. As I have gotten older it is harder too keep pulled up. More gut less butt ha ha. DSCF2946.JPG DSCF2947.JPG DSCF2949.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF2948.JPG
    DSCF2948.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 101

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always carry hunting land and when hunting beaches during day, night hunts at beach is a must carry. Only time I don't carry is when I am going into the surf over knee deep. I put my gun in my vehicle then....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On the gun thing. I always carry a handgun when gold prospecting but not all the time when metal detecting. All depends on if I am detecting in the wilds or in town and if in town I usually don't carry. I feel bad for those who can't carry for one reason or the other which usually means government and stupid laws to disarm the law abiding public so they are easier prey for armed criminals/thugs.

I use the Minelab brand detecting pouch which carries my Lesche digger, homemade coin probe, Garrett Pro-Pointer, extra batteries for the detector and the Pro-Pointer, a pocket knife, and some extra sandwich bags to put over the detector if it rains.

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As odd as it may sound to those up north I can say I have actually been told by the largest 2 landowners of the ghost town I have been hunting not to go back in there without a gun. Not as a command or even that there really is a danger but I think more as a courtesy in saying "keep safe". Coyotes, feral hogs, and now the occasional black bear are in the area but none of those really concern me as much as just idiots. I do think you seldom hear of robberies or predatory type assaults here because of the fact most of us carry. Worked as a part time officer here for years until a wreck broke my back and nearly lost a leg. Most of the assaults you see hear are good ole boys butting heads that already know each other or domestic assaults. Very rare that they are predatory or strong armed robbery.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was hunting the confederate trenches at Blythe's Ferry about 25 years ago when I walked up on a car being stripped. Glad I had my little Chief with me. Also was in Catoosa Wildlife Management Area down on The Obed River where Daddy's Creek comes in. Some angry local were not happy about me being there. Good thing , he showed me his pistol and I showed mine. It gave him time to think about things and we walked out of there.

Last edited:

envguy

May 13, 2009
southeast Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like to use a shotgun hunting 3 bag type set up with shoulder harness and belt. Big bag on back to hold birds if hunting and two side bags one to hold shells and one to hold fired shells. I put trash in one side, attach pinpointer to belt, water etc in back pocket, digger etc in other front pocket.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I spent too many years in the military wearing web gear so I wanted something less tactical so I use a shoulder/hip bag and attach a Camelback water bottle pouch to the side. Surprisingly it isn't too heavy even with a water bottle, and it has plenty of pouches to hold all my gear, finds and trash. It also has a concealed holster on the inside. On my right hip I carry a Buzz Wilson sheath to hold my pinpointer and digging knife. I generally just carry my shovel because I don't want it banging against my leg.

I also have a lighter weight pouch/belt combination that I carry when I want to go light and be less noticeable. I am not sure what the light pouch is called, but I purchased it from a local military commissary store. It similar to the ACU style Garrett pouch, but much smaller and it has pockets.

opplanet-camelbak-bottle-pouch-coyote.jpg 299879_ts.jpg

Last edited:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I use carpenters pouches, the ones with the larger leather bags for nails, and lots of pockets for tools. The pin pointer I cut a hole in the smaller pouch and let the probe hang down. I don't wear the belt tight, I attached suspenders to to the rig. If I'm on a beach I let the sand scoop drag behind me, that way I leave a trail, and can tell where I've been. Water is usually one or two plastic bottles of drinking water. I will pack a hand gun either openly in a shoulder holster if the weather is hot, and if I have a coat on, then under the coat. I'm getting old and tired, and large heavy handguns are just becoming too much work, so sometimes I just drop a .357 Derringer in my pocket, or I have a couple of small .22 semi autos I'll carry one with me.

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BosnMat, and the rest .......much appreciated. Know what you are talking about on the larger guns. I have always made a bit of compromise in dress and comfort to accommodate a full size gun as I feel they are so much more effective in many regards. Getting older and seriously thinking about a step down for the first time. Did carry a 26 Glock for a good bit but that was as small as I ever allowed myself. Put a laser on a Ruger LCP for a friend a few weeks back and literally got to thinking about one, or more likely a smaller 9mm. Like the tool pouch suggestion. It just dawned on me the other day that I was actually dreading a long walk in and out simply because it is so aggravating to fight the blasted belt. Hope the H-harness is all I need but sure like the others idea as well. Hate to mention it but the ole back is trashed. 8 fused vertebra and nearly lost a leg on my last crotch rocket adventure so the way the weight pulls at me will have a bit to do with it as well. I may be old and broken but I am still handsome........... ok......... just old and broken ha ha.

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
You must rattle like a bag of nickles when you go detecting. I myself make my son in law carry everything heavy and my Dad packs the heat. Being a Vietnam veteran he is a little twitchy anyway....so it makes people nervous.

LOL L.C. Baker:laughing7:

diggerdoug33

Oct 12, 2013
Cleveland, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a military web belt and 3 point load bearing military suspenders. On it I have a leather tool bag, hammer loop for a small pick, pin pointer holster,(digger trowel, I have attached inside my leather goodie bag) and a canteen with cup. I do have a web belt holster for my Keltec 9mm. But that spooks folks so I just slip it in my back pocket.

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice rig LifeNRA. Hoping my H-harness comes in the next few days. Who makes that rig? Doesn't look life surplus or the common stuff from Blackhawk etc.

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything is from Condor bought off of Ebay. I like this belt because I want to have the things with me when I need it. Yes, it looks like it would be heavy but when worn, the battle belt actually feels great. LOL, I even got a boonie hat in the same digital camo! :D I have since also modified my Garrett digger with MOLLE straps so that I can now attach it to the belt. I originally got this idea from another detector I watched on YouTube.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread