DaiJen

Dec 11, 2015
North-Central Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am new here and new to this addiction, but I was wondering today as I drove past old houses and plowed fields and crumbling barns--How many of you carry your detectors with you in your vehicle? Seems like a logical thing, to me, that I might stop here or there if I have a few minutes to spare, but then I thought maybe the constant bumping and vibration causes issues.

So, do any of you keep them handy, and if so, has that paid off or is that guaranteed to kill a perfectly good detector?

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been doing it for years, and the pot holes in Michigan can swallow cars. Knock on wood, no trouble so far.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to t-net. I keep mine with me most of the time, except when I'm at work. I don't take it to work because it is to tempting to quit early. Just try and keep it from large temp changes. Especially high heat. I've had no problems. Just use common sense and hit those old place's when ever you can. Good luck

HH, Relic Nut

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ALWAYS have a detector in the car, many times two! Take normal precautions by padding the coils and box, don't leave it in the car/truck in sub 25-degree or +100-degree weather.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also keep my gear with me, but I will not detect a private property without permission. It is so much easier to detect when you can concentrate on what the detector is telling you instead of having to continually scan the horizon to include over your shoulder, hoping a irate property owner isn't gunning for you.

FMDAC CODE OF ETHICS
HTML:
I WILL always check federal, state, county and local laws before searching. It is my responsibility to “ know the law “
[COLOR="#FF0000"][B][SIZE=4]I WILL respect private property and will not enter private property without the owner’s permission.[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Where possible, such permission will be in writing.
I WILL take care to refill all holes and try not to leave any damage.
I WILL remove and dispose of any and all trash and litter that i find.
I WILL appreciate and protect our inheritance of natural resources, wildlife and private property.
I WILL as an ambassador for the hobby, use thoughtfulness, consideration and courtesy at all times.
I WILL work to help bring unity to our hobby by working with any organization of any geographic area that may have problems that will limit their ability to peacefully pursue the hobby.
I WILL leave gates as found.
I WILL build fires in designated or safe places only.
I WILL report to the proper authorities any individuals who enter and or remove artifacts from federal parks or state preserves

OP
OP
DaiJen

DaiJen

Dec 11, 2015
North-Central Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys. Makes a lot of sense. And no, I don't want to be anywhere without permission, just thought it would be nice to be ready when I do get it. I'll make sure to get a good padded case.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions