K River in OK

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Greenville NC at the moment but am planning on moving back to Durant OK (my home town) soon and I'm a GPAA member as well. My question is K river a really good place to go?
Second Blue river runs through our place and about 6 years ago a friend and I used a sluice box on Blue and found a few spec's of gold, has any other OKIE'S prospected Blue river and in what area?
Blue river on our place is 1 mile north of HWY 70 E. and i have access to over 3 miles of this river. I now have a 3 1/2" high banker dredge combo set up.
Thanks for any and all replies...
PS it says I'm a new member to Tnet...but I'm not, I just reactivated my account...LOL.. :hello2:
OKIE

Upvote 0
I have found a few tiny specks in the K river. I have seen picks of large flakes from the same place I have hunted, but I tend to doubt the thruthfulness. I will still probably go back a few more times to try a couple more spots before giving up on it.

I have heard about the blue, and heard it's supposed to have gold but have never been there myself. I have a 4" dredge ready if you want some company!

Thanks Jason,
I will keep you posted on when we make the move back to OK. and yes I would love the help, because I am in the process of building some floats for my HB and getting the motor mounted on the floats and keeping it balanced and afloat it not easy...LOL
OKIE

Even though I have a commercial dredge, I am building one too. I am working on a 3 inch with a custom box and custom frame that uses cheap 15 Gal barrels for floats. I have the design in my head, and am working on getting someone with aluminum welding skills to do some work for me.

If I'm reading it right, the rivers are up a ton!

If I read it right the river is up but not a ton. On the 9th is was up quite a bit, gage at 11.7 ft., but by today is was down nearly half to 6.8 ft.. Same with flow on the 9th it was 5600 cf/sec. and as of today it's down to 1200 cf/sec. (all numbers approximate.)

Tomorrow wouldn't be too bad but assuming no rain next week, next weekend would be better.

Gramps

OOPS I need to read a calender I meant next weekend I have been working 7 days a week they all run together.I ordered a new Jobe 2 inch dredge highbanker combo and hope to try it out if the water drops and UPS shows up.It will be my first trip in 13yrs I grew up prospecting Arizona and miss it bad.

i watch the water data site always before i drive to any state. it has saved me lots of money knowing if the water is up or about when i can expect to get in for some dredgeing!but even if the water is up, it just limits where you can dredge! they all come down sooner or latter!

Headed to K River on Sat We will just be scouting it out and a little panning.I ordered a 2 inch dredge highbanker and it is not here yet.After all these years the Fever still lives in me.

okbasspro said:
Headed to K River on Sat We will just be scouting it out and a little panning.I ordered a 2 inch dredge highbanker and it is not here yet.After all these years the Fever still lives in me.

Found a little color will take the dredge next time

Show me the COLOR!! lol way to go.... I have a 3 1/2" High banker dredge combo... that should do the trick. :blob7: :blob7:

okbasspro said:
We will have to hook up and dredge till we see china men in our sluice boxes. the gold is not big but it is there.

Might have trouble there! The bedrock is only about 2 - 3 feet down in most of that area. I'm still dredging test holes when I get down there, trying to find a split, hole, drop, or any change in the bedrock.

im in Lousisiana with a 5 inch dredge would love to do some dredging up there maybe we can all met up and have a good outing up there.

Sounds like a blast, and we also could look at the spots I'm talking about on blue river. We own the land so there wont be any problems.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back