KAC compressor

rick.ther

Aug 7, 2005
no. cal
Detector(s) used
whites, fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ok, so I have a KAC compressor stand alone with a predator 6.5 hp. If I run at a little above idle it runs fine but if I throttle it up a little I hear a noise that sounds like metal on metal banging.:dontknow:
it is putting out great air. I have a 2" pulley on the engine and a 4" pulley on the compressor
The compressor is a couple years old and has about 5 hours on it. I have no idea what is going on. I have checked that their is no movement on the bearings, seems tight. not a piston slapping noise.
Any thoughts?
Rick

How fast are you running it? Is the 4 inch pully rubbing or bent?? Are you sure it's the compressor or is it the Predator engine? Use a long screw driver up against the comp and then the engine to determine where the noise is coming from.I have a T-80 stand alone running off a Predator 3.0 H.P. engine and it runs fine and has plenty of air output! This is on a floatable stand alone hooka .

Nope, I am sure it is the compressor, I hear the noise coming thru the intake of the comp.
not sure of the speed in which it is running. pulleys are new not bent and not contacting the cases. ( a good 1/4 to 3/8 " )
Going to pull the top off and make sure nothing has come loose. this is the newer model after keene had some problems with the first version. I still have great air output.

Call Mark at Keene, he will take care of you

Called mark and he said the same thing I was thinking, pull the top and look for something loose. this weekends project :)

Thanks ratled for the replies

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back