Korbinwelcher
Tenderfoot
- Joined
- Nov 13, 2020
- Messages
- 2
- Reaction score
- 21
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Upvote
39
Dulce! I must wonder how long the person who lost that dollar searched for it. Big buck in 1852!View attachment 2115072
Found in Kansas along the Santa Fe trail, 1852 gold dollar coin, can’t go back to find more due to new landowners which is a grump farmer 🫤. Need a treasure to chase any known treasure tales or maps in Kansas or am I dreaming?

Truth be told, the date on the coin probably doesn't have anything to do with the date it was lost, could have been lost all the way up until 1933 when we came off the gold standard right ? Although I'm sure it wasn't that late in the game...Dulce! I must wonder how long the person who lost that dollar searched for it. Big buck in 1852!
Good luck to all,
The Old Bookaroo
This is true, but realistically most people did not carry gold coins around to be worn down, only when they needed them maybe they carried them with ? So they could have been in a box being moved and one lost... 40 years after minting....Gold is a fairly soft metal, with the details your coin has, I would say it was lost fairly close to the mint date. Doesn't look like it was rubbed by other coins in a pocket or pouch for very long.