What's new

Karma

XX

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2008
Messages
411
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Yesterday, I was about to pick up some loose bags of coins from one of my banks. I was going to getting everything but the quarters as there is usually nothing but foreign coins and game tokens in there.

Well I show up and she tells me they didn't have any dimes (despite previously telling me that she did have them). So as a twist of fate, I take 2 bags of quarters, plus all their pennies and nickels.

I go through the first bag and find

1 dime
2 game tokens
14 foreign coins (the most valuable was two 10 pence coins, still worth less than a quarter)
1 2008P Oklahoma (I get almost exclusively Denver around here)
1 1941 Quarter

I just paid $4.50 for a silver Washington.

Well, I break the seal on the second bag and look inside. I see the silver edge on a bunch of coins and figure I just got burned with a ton of foreign coins.

Karma was on my side because I pulled out of that bag

$46.25 in Silver Washingtons
$1.50 in Standing Liberties (all dateless, but two has S marks)
$0.25 in silver canadian
and a penny.

After that bag, all is forgiven for the previous bag. Even better, not a single token or foreign coin in the bag.

Awesome.
 

Attachments

  • IMGP0377.webp
    IMGP0377.webp
    175.9 KB · Views: 707
Upvote 0
Awesome haul XX. I have never seen that many silver quarters ever. That is definitely an LJ type find. Are you related, it must be karma.
 
I'd also be interested in the year/mint marks break down if you tally it up.

Thanks,
Jason
 
Great score! Do quarters have any key dates? I know nothing about them except it takes 2 of them to get a half dollar. ;D
 
EDIT: Just saw the fella above me bumped a rather old post... sorry for the reply to bump it further, lol. =0

Congrats indeed!

A very very nice score!

I don't believe in Karma or any of that crazyness myself... but hey... whatever gets you a $650 silver find... all the power to you.

But not sure what you meant about no foreign coin or tokens in that bag... does the silver CANADIAN quarter not coint as foreign due to its metal makeup? lol =)

~Dave
 
BBcardsRI said:
.......But not sure what you meant about no foreign coin or tokens in that bag... does the silver CANADIAN quarter not coint as foreign due to its metal makeup? lol =)

~Dave

In my eyes, a silver canadian quarter is just as good as a silver coin and doesn't count as a foreign coin. (as opposed to some worthless coin from a now defunct nation)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom