Gold Racer, Fisher F-75LTD
Bazooka Prospector
Bazooka Sniper
Grizzly Gold Trap
Calsluice 2B
Keene A52s
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Took the A52S back out to the river to give it another run. Set it up flat and in as fast water as I could find:
fullsizeoutput_7f.jpeg

Like before, removed any rocks larger than the size of a golf ball from the shovel before the gravel was put into the sluice. Introduced the material gradually onto the up-ramp portion of the punch plate. All of the material moved down the sluice with the flow of water. Still had to occasionally help the material out of the Hungarian Riffle part of the sluice. If I got a shovel-full of sand or small gravel, it was put into the flare, and travelled down the unit with no problem. Because material was introduced further down the sluice flow-path, a greater portion of the total amount of gold was found in the Hungarian Riffle portion than before:
IMG_1200.JPG

A greater portion of the total was found in the miracle mat section than before:
IMG_1201.JPG

This portion of the total amount was found from the upper carpeted area under the heavy expanded metal:
IMG_1202.JPG

And this portion of the total from the upper black ribbed rubber mat section:
IMG_1203.JPG

After clean-up:
IMG_1204.JPG

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TEG - interesting share and a good study of just where on the sluice the various sizes of gold are showing up! Your hands must have been a touch cold!.........63bkpkr

TEG

Aug 15, 2007
Placer County CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector
Bazooka Sniper
Grizzly Gold Trap
Calsluice 2B
Keene A52s
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
TEG - Your hands must have been a touch cold!.........63bkpkr

After I let water get into my waders, I didn't notice my hands being cold anymore.

OP
OP
No gold in NY

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Took my 52s out to NH for the first time. I sunk it in the fastest water I could find. We were classifying to 1/2 inch most of the time. I hand shoveled some. Didn't mind removing larger rocks by hand. Larger stones do lodge in the riffles, but I am sure fine gold was dropping through them.

Keene A52s.jpg

I was happy with what we found. Maybe we will hit the jackpot the next time.
52s gold.JPG

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sluice looks fantastic. Id like to use one, but id also like someone else to carry it for me. Looks so heavy! I couldn't justify that size and weight.

OP
OP
No gold in NY

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Despite a through sloshing of the green mats of the 52s at the river after two days running, I dry cleaned them at home. I counted eight specks. How many are lurking in your mats?

wild am specks.JPG

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I recently replaced the old crashbox on my 4" dredge with a DIY flare I fabricated, I was very careful to catch what sand was hiding in the cracks as the machine dates to the early 70ies I had high hopes of a surprise but there was nada zip zero in there except some blonde sand.

TEG

Aug 15, 2007
Placer County CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector
Bazooka Sniper
Grizzly Gold Trap
Calsluice 2B
Keene A52s
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I always shake the green fibre mats when they dry for extras. Did another experiment with the Keene sluices. Ran the A52s with the punch plate classifier, and then again without the punch plate classifier. Ran a standard A52 as issued, and then again with only miners moss under expanded metal - no riffles (held down with lengths of aluminum along the inside.) Ran an A51A as issued, and then again with miners moss under expanded metal - no riffles (held down with lengths of aluminum along the inside.) Did all runs in a local fine-gold-only creek, hand classified out everything larger than a golf ball. Shoveled for an hour, the same amount into all, from a gravel bar with a homogenous mix of gravel and gold fines - no pay streaks. Results - all recovered the same amount of gold.

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've had mine for so long they didn't have handles, but I did add one....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread