Keep Digging????

trueblue40

Greenie
Sep 21, 2006
Tampa Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Prism IV
I was detecting around the yard today just for a bit near some big oaks when I got two differant types of signals. I dug down about 6 inches and found the remains of what appears to be a coffee can. (Rusted in several pieces) I kept sweeping the detector over the area and would get a signal but not all the time. Nothing else was found, so far. Should I keep digging or just fill in and go on?

Upvote 0

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would keep digging, I have had signals that were broken up and was surprised at what I found. I found a 1905 dime yesterday that was a weak signal.

Elad

Apr 23, 2008
MA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
trueblue40 said:
I was detecting around the yard today just for a bit near some big oaks when I got two differant types of signals. I dug down about 6 inches and found the remains of what appears to be a coffee can. (Rusted in several pieces) I kept sweeping the detector over the area and would get a signal but not all the time. Nothing else was found, so far. Should I keep digging or just fill in and go on?

You already suspect it was a hidden cache, so get back out there and dig it up!!!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
only one way to be sure. if you dont dig it you will always be wondering.

Digger54

Dec 6, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, Minelab Sovereign GT, Fisher1280X, Nautilus DMCIIB
When in doubt, dig it out.

:thumbsup:

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I dug up a 14k white gold ring that was a very iffy signal and almost threw it out because I thought it was an aluminum bottle ring that seperates from the screw on cap when you open it. my hands were cold and didn't notice the weight.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DIG till you Know theres nothing there!!!!!!!!! :icon_thumright:

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
I agree with the others, dig it. Because if that can is rusted, there is pieces of in the ground, but I bet you right underneath those pieces if a very nice coin. You are having a hard time picking it up because of the rusted can pieces.

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always keep digging , that way you will be able to sleep and not keep thinking if you should have or not have on the target.
And you might be getting a rust Halo from the can , so if you do not find anything that may be what the hit was.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions