What's new

Keeping The Streak Alive

against the wind

Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2015
Messages
24,896
Reaction score
24,983
Golden Thread
0
Location
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three hunts in a row where I came home with at least one Silver Coin. Yesterday's hunt gave me 3 , last Friday's hunt produced a Mercury.
Today I returned to the Chestnut Grove that I hit yesterday and about 2 hours into the hunt, I recovered a 1907s Barber Quarter. I may re-visit this Grove after the next big rain but for now I'm satisfied.
I have a few other shaded lawns that sit directly across from a few apartment buildings that were built in the 30's. That was pre-air conditioner days and the tenants used to sit in the parks across from their residences to escape the heat.
I have had some pretty good result from similar spots.
My finds for the day were: 14q, 21d, 7n, 49 memorial pennies, 9 Wheat Pennies, (44, 45, 51d, 52, 56(2), 57(2), & 58)., a 1979 Canadian Penny, a no date Buffalo nickel, and the 1907s Barber Quarter.
I also found a few pieces of brass and copper. My Silver Coin Count for 2015 is now at 105.
IMG_1109.webpIMG_1108.webpIMG_1107.webpIMG_1106.webpIMG_1110.webpIMG_1113.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 24
Nice finds. Good luck in the future...
 
Great finds. That barber has seen some hands!!!
 
great barber quarter!, nice bunch of wheats also
 
Nice haul for a day doing what you like! Still after my first Barber quarter.
 
Wow that a lot of dough, Congrats on a wonderful and incredible hunt!
 
A great streak Indeed.

105 Silver Coins in almost 9 months ...WOW!!!

Have not Dug that many in 15 years But most of that time was in the Woods Relic Hunting.
Still hunting my 1st Barber Q.
 
Awesome finds! 105 silvers that's awesome!
 
CAN U DIGGGGIT!!!!!!!!!. COINSTAR , COINSTAR .
 
Nice.

Had a 5 hunt silver streak this summer.

Hope you beat it by a mile.
 
I didn't start my 2015 season until March 16th.
The winter up here was pretty cold and the ground was frozen down to 4 inches. My count is up mainly because I found an almost virgin site that kept giving up silver. The 105 silvers are the results of a little more than 6 months of weekends.
 
Streaks are nice and your coin count ain't too shabby either. Congrats on the Barber-q - they never get old!

Steve
 
Wow 105 for the season so far... Man your killing it. Congrats on the nice hunt. :occasion14: You sure got a work out today pulling all those coins and trash.
 
I didn't start my 2015 season until March 16th.
The winter up here was pretty cold and the ground was frozen down to 4 inches. My count is up mainly because I found an almost virgin site that kept giving up silver. The 105 silvers are the results of a little more than 6 months of weekends.

Even more amazing then..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom