Ramapirate
Hero Member
- #1
Thread Owner
I called Kellyco this morning and told them that I'd like to upgrade a little from my Ace 250.
I love my Ace but I wanted to get maybe a little more depth. I really didn't want to spend
more than about $300-$350, and was looking at maybe a Fisher or White's in that range.
The fellow I talked to told me the Ace 250 was a great little machine, and to get anything better
depth wise would be more like in the $500-$600 range. He suggested that I purchase the big coil
for the Ace 250, that that would give me around 30% more depth and all I had to do was pull
the old coil off and put the new one on, no adjustments or anything. The only other thing I
purchased was a coil cover which he suggested, and spent just a little over $100 for the coil, cover, and
shipping.
I really like Kellyco! And my wife is going to appreciate that I didn't go nut$
HH,
Ramapirate
I love my Ace but I wanted to get maybe a little more depth. I really didn't want to spend
more than about $300-$350, and was looking at maybe a Fisher or White's in that range.
The fellow I talked to told me the Ace 250 was a great little machine, and to get anything better
depth wise would be more like in the $500-$600 range. He suggested that I purchase the big coil
for the Ace 250, that that would give me around 30% more depth and all I had to do was pull
the old coil off and put the new one on, no adjustments or anything. The only other thing I
purchased was a coil cover which he suggested, and spent just a little over $100 for the coil, cover, and
shipping.
I really like Kellyco! And my wife is going to appreciate that I didn't go nut$
HH,
Ramapirate


.... so it sat in the corner for nearly 5 months. Spring came around and I decided to take it out in the front yard....I was hooked (always wanted a detector anyways). So that Mother's Day, hubby got me a Minelab Exp II. I was so siked, but I do not like it.
... Sorry, but I'm a short person, only 4 foot and 11 inches and my arms are pretty short and I could not get the machine to adjust for me and I did NOT like the sounds.... so hubby went and ordered the Ace 250 for me, when it came in, I gave him the Minelab and I have loved my Ace 250!!!







