What's new

KellyCos Top Metal Detector Questions to Ask

Re: KellyCo's Top Metal Detector Questions to Ask

My Kellyco experience is what prompted me to become a dealer for White's in 1992. I had ordered a detector from them and it didn't perform the way the salesman said it would. I called to visit about it and just had some basic questions and the salesman that originally sold it to me didn't have the time to talk to me. I was treated like a decent person before the sale and kicked to the side afterwards. Thats fine by me, I have sold a lot of detectors in my area over the years. My hunting buddy had the same experience from them. Wanna know what I was told about the detecotr I was sold? It was a Garrett GTA 500 and I was told it would do everything the Spectrum would do...... it was an ok detector but his statement proved to be very false.
 
Re: KellyCo's Top Metal Detector Questions to Ask

Treasure_Hunter said:
tjc45 said:
I'm trying to figure out why people on this thread are saying Kellyco has the best prices. In price shopping five detectors and four scoops over a six month period, using sponsors from this site and one other, Kellyco was never the lowest price. On the most expensive items, they were far from the lowest price. One detector was over $200 difference. But, they were going to throw in a bunch of useless junk. Do I really need a metal detecting book written in the seventies?

On the Chinese issue, I have no problem with buying Chinese products as long as they work and last. Good thing because sometimes there is little choice. The problem with this as it relates to Kellyco is that they sell two expensive in house detectors, the Cobra and Viper that do neither. Not hearsay, direct observation. Not product bashing, fact. Though the Cobra works somewhat, as a beach machine, the Sovereign GT can be bought for less money and comes with a rep that is renouned for beach hunting.

On another topic where is Kellyco girl? Am I just missing her post, or is she MIA?

99% of the useless junk as you call it is given to Kellyco by the manufactures to give away with the equipment sold....

tjc45 said:
The problem with this as it relates to Kellyco is that they sell two expensive in house detectors, the Cobra and Viper that do neither. Not hearsay, direct observation. Not product bashing, fact. Though the Cobra works somewhat, as a beach machine, the Sovereign GT can be bought for less money and comes with a rep that is renouned for beach hunting.



Per KellyCo website, the Hybrid Cobra Beach Magnet costs $399, the Hybrid Viper Trident costs $449 and the Sovereign GT costs $999 so how is it you can say the Sovereign GT can be bought for less money when it cost twice as much. :icon_scratch:

I own two Sov GTs, they are unsurpassed for hunting saltwater beaches both wetsand and dry sand and I agree the Cobra and Viper are pretty much a waste of money, but your statement about the costs are wrong and misleading........

Thx for defending the indefensible. I stand corrected on price. Shoulda double checked it before posting. So only 400 bucks for something that doesn't work? Does that make it any better? The $449 price is close to the actual TYD buy price offered by other retailers for a Sand Shark.

The point is that Kellyco sells these Chinese detectors at all and spends a sizable chunk of change to advertise and market them. In a recent issue of Western and Eastern Kellyco took a full page ad dedicated to these machines. Clearly aimed at the uninformed and a disservice to metal detecting. Really, how much more are you going to sink into a new hobby after spending $400 plus on something that doesn't work?
 
Re: KellyCo's Top Metal Detector Questions to Ask

tjc45 said:
...Really, how much more are you going to sink into a new hobby after spending $400 plus on something that doesn't work?

Hmmm... Maybe we should actually be THANKING KellyCo, for keeping the herd thinned out? :laughing7: Kinda like natural selection? The smart and strong survive (they don't buy off-brands thinking they are going to save a bundle on a "bargain"), and the dumb and weak perish (don't we wish!), keeping the beaches and woodlands a lot more open to you and me.

Why do you shop at Target instead of Walmart? Sears instead of JC Pennys? Why are you Southern Baptist, instead of Roman Catholic? Why do you like long hair better than short hair on a woman? Reality is perception. :thumbsup:
 
Re: KellyCo's Top Metal Detector Questions to Ask

Terry Soloman said:
Why do you like long hair better than short hair on a woman? Reality is perception. :thumbsup:

Something to grab onto.... ;D :laughing7:

As a long time amateur photographer you can do so much more with the composition of the pictures when your model has long hair compared to short hair..... This is why most models have long hair......
 
Re: KellyCo's Top Metal Detector Questions to Ask

Hi

I base my purchasing on value for the money. If I value the service...I'll pay for it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom