KevinInColorado
Gold Member
- Joined
- Jan 9, 2012
- Messages
- 7,122
- Reaction score
- 11,518
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Summit County, Colorado
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Gold Monster 1000, Minelab GPX6000, Crux high banker, Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Dream Mat combo sluice, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
- Primary Interest:
- Prospecting
- #21
Thread Owner
Or I can just sit on a bucket since I can set up right next to my hole. Yesterday I was sitting while digging, swiveling around and dumping the shovel on the sluice (bit by bit).
PS here's the gold from my highbanker test on the left and from a workshop clean up I did today on the right...how does that much gold end up on my work table? I'd swear I was careful with my cons. Ah, the mysteries of life ;-)

PS here's the gold from my highbanker test on the left and from a workshop clean up I did today on the right...how does that much gold end up on my work table? I'd swear I was careful with my cons. Ah, the mysteries of life ;-)

Last edited:


. In the overall process, the material is constantly lifted by centrifugal force nearly 180 degrees then it drops back down and again seeks the outer edge passing between tightly packed but, importantly, independently rolling rods. It should be noted here that dry material will not sink through (displace) a pile of dry material so, using this same equipment with dry material may just pin gold atop of other material which kind of cushions it so it does not flatten as easily. 















