What's new

key date Indian head today 1872

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always like finding these but finding one that's basically a minimum of $80 makes me very happy

ForumRunner_20150607_215705.webp



ForumRunner_20150607_215726.webp



ForumRunner_20150607_215743.webp



ForumRunner_20150607_215800.webp



ForumRunner_20150607_215817.webp
 
Upvote 20
The 1872 is a nice one to cross off the list. I found one early last year in pretty good condition. I was definitely psyched to find it. Congrats on finding yours.
 
Nice looking IH
 
Haha..thanks..if you lived in the southern third of Florida you'd get why I get excited over an Indian head. Not easy here
 
Comparison...

ForumRunner_20150613_203521.webp



ForumRunner_20150613_203548.webp
 
Congratulations on the nice Indian Cent recovery.
 
:-)
 

Attachments

  • 1434426860683.webp
    1434426860683.webp
    9.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 1434426874183.webp
    1434426874183.webp
    8.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 1434426888796.webp
    1434426888796.webp
    9.4 KB · Views: 62
If you use mineral oil instead of olive oil it won't turn so black... Olive oil has alot of fatty acid that mineral oil doesn't.
I never let something stay that long in oil because of what it does to the patina.
If that's after months in oil I can only imagine how bad it was when the coin guy turned it down.
Thanks for sharing.
Here is mine now.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom