What's new

Key West

teklord

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2006
Messages
577
Reaction score
267
Golden Thread
0
Location
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Excal II, Vibra-Tector 740, Vibra-Quatic 320, Automax Precision V2, Cache Pro Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A recent hunt of the main beach gave up about $3.00 in clad and a not a diamond ring that sure looked good in the scoop. If you go here this is not a sand beach. It is a rock pile. Broken bits of coral and some sand. The aluminum scoop did not cut it here and I wish I had the heavy stainless. The conditions change quickly. One day the water is clear and the next it is murky and full sea weed. There are enough tourists that there must be some goodies but a different approach is needed here.

Tek
 
Upvote 0
Theres also Higgs beach or south beach at the south end of Duval st --
 
the beaches arent that big - and there is a minimum of like 5 locals that hit there
the island is only like 2 miles by like 4 miles
 
I know I'm one of those locals.... Lol. There are tons of places that can be productive but sometimes they require a tiny bit of research and some thinking a little outside the box. The county courthouse on Sunday is a fine place to start as well as the post office!! If you can secure permission some of those gravel parking lots downtown will surprise you too!
 
There is Anna Beach up near Islamorda, it's small but looks good. I didn't get a chance to check it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom