Oct 25, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20201027_182930.jpg

SEOK

Oct 25, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saw this, are these woodpecker holes or is it part of it?

SEOK

Oct 25, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, it's right by a big artesian spring. Not sure why pics are sideways and upside down. Sorry

OP
OP
LOOT

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
Directly under the 3 drill holes by the spring I found a decorative door of an old cast iron stove. Next to the stove piece I had another hit that I began to dig up. A few inches deep I found one side of a horseshoe. The odd thing is that this horseshoe was sitting on its side in the ground. Once I got the horseshoe out of the ground I saw that it was bent on one side so that it would easily stand up on its side. It seems impossible that this horseshoe was bent or placed in the ground by mother nature. The round part of the horseshoe was pointing north, parallel with the line made by the drill holes. Does anyone have tips on whether these are markers or not?

METAL MARKERS (43).jpg

METAL MARKERS (28).jpg

METAL MARKERS (36).JPG

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Directly under the 3 drill holes by the spring I found a decorative door of an old cast iron stove. Next to the stove piece I had another hit that I began to dig up. A few inches deep I found one side of a horseshoe. The odd thing is that this horseshoe was sitting on its side in the ground. Once I got the horseshoe out of the ground I saw that it was bent on one side so that it would easily stand up on its side. It seems impossible that this horseshoe was bent or placed in the ground by mother nature. The round part of the horseshoe was pointing north, parallel with the line made by the drill holes. Does anyone have tips on whether these are markers or not?

View attachment 1891402

View attachment 1891403

View attachment 1891404 [/QUOTE

I belive they are markers, marking a much older site then the stove part or horse shoe(a remarking of the site). I think the three rectangles on the stove part is telling you there are 3 caches in the area. You sure seen to have stone markers there from the orginal cache makers. It seems someone had knowledge of the original stone markers ,but from what i have seen from your photos,it doesn't look like anyone has dug. You would know,iam sure you would have seen the holes. There probably way to deep for your detector to hit on. I had seen some photos of your site in the past on here, really nice stone work. It sure looks like good cache's site. Thank for posting the photos and info.

rennes

Dec 11, 2016
Hatton, AR
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hi Loot, like your handle, that's what its all about.. The link someone gave you is for my and John London's website. Since John passed away, only yesterday.... There will be nobody to answer any email to it. I always allowed John to post are articles since I'm not as computer savoy as he was. I don't know the password to get into the site for editing.
I will tell you I am very familiar with the type of clues you have found. My advise would be clean all the dirt, moss etc off the rocks and wash all the metal pieces so you can check for minute file marks, center punch dents, scraches and the writing I believe is there. What you have we years ago classified as KGC. That was before we dug into a underground concrete vault that was full of coded information. The drill holes may give you both direction and distance. The turtle? head, the eye is what you follow the direction its looking. You should also have taken compass heading on the metal and horseshoe you found. That horseshoe is classic in this type of treasure. Like the stand part of the shoe is a line you should follow. If I'm right about the drill holes, was there three or four? Either one each hole =660 feet or one furlong. I didn't see one that was square. If one is square it probably indicates the use of the "template" or map overlay. It is the Mason's 47th problem-the squaring of a circle. If you have read either of my last books there's a image showing what it looks like. You are onto something that could lead to a payday. Just watch your back out there. The rock you mentioned with the drill holes is a skull. Look and you will see the eyes nose and mouth. That is a warning that the area was once or may still be guarded. I may know pretty close to where this area is by the rock. I live 4 miles from Oklahoma and have worked sites all over the state. There are many.
Bob Brewer- in my 84th year and been at this since 1949.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hi Loot, like your handle, that's what its all about.. The link someone gave you is for my and John London's website. Since John passed away, only yesterday.... There will be nobody to answer any email to it. I always allowed John to post are articles since I'm not as computer savoy as he was. I don't know the password to get into the site for editing.
I will tell you I am very familiar with the type of clues you have found. My advise would be clean all the dirt, moss etc off the rocks and wash all the metal pieces so you can check for minute file marks, center punch dents, scraches and the writing I believe is there. What you have we years ago classified as KGC. That was before we dug into a underground concrete vault that was full of coded information. The drill holes may give you both direction and distance. The turtle? head, the eye is what you follow the direction its looking. You should also have taken compass heading on the metal and horseshoe you found. That horseshoe is classic in this type of treasure. Like the stand part of the shoe is a line you should follow. If I'm right about the drill holes, was there three or four? Either one each hole =660 feet or one furlong. I didn't see one that was square. If one is square it probably indicates the use of the "template" or map overlay. It is the Mason's 47th problem-the squaring of a circle. If you have read either of my last books there's a image showing what it looks like. You are onto something that could lead to a payday. Just watch your back out there. The rock you mentioned with the drill holes is a skull. Look and you will see the eyes nose and mouth. That is a warning that the area was once or may still be guarded. I may know pretty close to where this area is by the rock. I live 4 miles from Oklahoma and have worked sites all over the state. There are many.
Bob Brewer- in my 84th year and been at this since 1949.
So sorry that you lost your friend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions