KGC Windows Wallpaper for Desktop

KGC4Dixie

Sep 13, 2009
Just finished with the first KGC Windows wallpaper. Feel free to use and check for updates to current images. This one is about Gen. George W. Bickley's business card flag (the Confederate Stars and Bars) and would qualify as KGC by the same standard of his Liberty Head penny, two general's stars and a small bag of red dust by my understanding. Comments always welcomed. Gary

Attachments

• Gen George W Bickley3.jpg
    Gen George W Bickley3.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,187
OP
OP
KGC4Dixie

KGC4Dixie

Sep 13, 2009
Jeremiah 51:20--Thou art my battle axe and weapons of war: for with thee will I break in pieces the nations, and with thee will I destroy kingdoms...
(slightly resized and CSA centered on image).

Attachments

• Liberty Design1r.jpg
    Liberty Design1r.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 1,885
OP
OP
KGC4Dixie

KGC4Dixie

Sep 13, 2009
Here is seen an updated version of General George W. Bickley's flag surmounting an authentically copied KGC enrollment form of the First Degree. Gary

Attachments

• Geo Bickley Flag Enrollment.jpg
    Geo Bickley Flag Enrollment.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,268
OP
OP
KGC4Dixie

KGC4Dixie

Sep 13, 2009
SWR said:
Bright...cheerful and a kaleidoscope of beautiful colors...but, far from being a real Knights of the Golden Circle accoutrement. Then again...a fantasy emblem for a fantasy treasure. A match made on an internet message board :thumbsup:

But, yeah, they were a real force to be rekoned with and they probably buried their monies just like anyone else. The only question is how much?:

MEMPHIS DAILY APPEAL [MEMPHIS, TN]
May 7, 1861, p. 2, c. 4
http://www.uttyler.edu/vbetts/memphis appeal mar-jy 61.htm

Knights of the Golden Circle.
Headquarters, Army of K. G. C.,}
Louisville, Ky., May 1, 1861.}

1. Commandants of K. G. C. castles throughout the various States of the South, excepting Texas, are hereby ordered to forward, without delay, to general headquarters, at Louisville, Ky., complete muster rolls of military companies. If the military organization of a castle is not completed, the commandant will take immediate steps to have it done. Each company, when organized, shall consist of one captain, one first lieutenant, two second lieutenants, four sergeants, four corporals, two musicians and ninety privates.

2. Castles belonging to the Texas division will report to Gen. Geo. W. Chilton, marshal of di[illegible]on, at Tyler, Smith county, Texas, or to Col. Charles A. Russell, acting adjutant general, at Helena, Karnes county, Texas. The president begs the order to respond fully and promptly to the call of Generals Chilton, Ford, Wilcox and Green, and stand on the defensive until our national troubles are ended.

3. All general, field and staff officers of the American legion will report immediately by letter or otherwise, to the president at Louisville, Ky.

4. The president begs to state for the information of the order that since the first of February last he has been laboring in Kentucky—principally in the city of Louisville—and has added to the order 1,483 members, 534 of whom have been sent to the army of the Confederate States. Two regiments are now being formed in the State to be held subject to the orders of the Governor. The order has now 17,643 men in the field, and the president has no hesitation in saying that the number can be duplicated if necessity requires.

George Bickley, K. G. C.,
President of American Legion.

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KGC - Those are great!

Maybe one with Thor's Hammer, a pack of red powder (Philosopher's Stone), a few old scrolls from Alexandria, the Holy Grail and The Ark of The Covenant would be more "realistic" for SWR!? :wink: In fact, it might be more realistic than any of us believe! :icon_sunny: :icon_profileleft: :icon_profileright:

OP
OP
KGC4Dixie

KGC4Dixie

Sep 13, 2009
swiftsearcher said:
KGC - Those are great! Maybe one with Thor's Hammer, a pack of red powder (Philosopher's Stone), a few old scrolls from Alexandria, the Holy Grail and The Ark of The Covenant would be more "realistic" for SWR!? :wink: In fact, it might be more realistic than any of us believe! :icon_sunny: :icon_profileleft: :icon_profileright:

Thanks for the compliment. The following is a modern copy of Gen. Robert E. Lee's headquarters or camp flag. His wife sewed and it was called the Ark of the Covenant. Just seemed to go with your comments. Gary

Attachments

• Lee\'s Ark of Covenant Flag.jpg
    Lee\'s Ark of Covenant Flag.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 763

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gary, thanks for posting a pic of the flag - you are definitely on top of things! You have done some nice work and your enthusiasm definitely shines through in your work! :thumbsup: :icon_sunny:

So, the flag was actually called the "Ark of the Covenant"? There is definitely more to all of this than meets the "all-seeing eye"!

Again, everyone involved in any KGC cache/hunt/research/etc. - STUDY YOUR BIBLE! :read2:

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi swiftsearcher and KGC4Dixie. To the best of my knowledge the Ark of the Covenant has never been found, has it? It seems that Mrs. Lee had a pretty good idea of what it looked like, doesn't it? :-X
~Texas Jay

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
There is no conspiracy theory here. What are you talking about? The flag was commonly called "Ark AND THE Covenant" back in the day. You just want to argue!
Boattow

OP
OP
KGC4Dixie

KGC4Dixie

Sep 13, 2009
boattow said:
There is no conspiracy theory here. What are you talking about? The flag was commonly called "Ark AND THE Covenant" back in the day. You just want to argue! Boattow

Boattow,

Someone else that I heard from was trying to enlighten me as to proportions of the Stars and Bars "AND THE COVENANT" but that was awhile back. E-mail when you get a minute: [email protected]

Gary

OP
OP
KGC4Dixie

KGC4Dixie

Sep 13, 2009
SWR said:
So....are you guys saying ARK or ARCH ??? Was the flag commonly called the ARK of the Covenant or the ARCH of the Covenant? The configuration is that of an arch...not an ark :thumbsup:

Exodus 25 :read2: offers a fairly easy to interpret pattern to follow--handles and all. This may be useful in understanding how any could arrive to the star arrangement of Mrs. Lee's pattern.

Gary

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D I'm inclined to believe, it is The ARCH of the Covenant; reason is that in the 1860's, the FreeMasons (ESPECIALLY the ROYAL ARCH FreeMasons), were into Astrological "signs", stars, etc. I didn't believe it at first, either; UNTIL, I became a ROYAL ARCH FreeMason. :o It WAS a "shock"... then I remembered that MY "Masonic supply" place in Richmond, Va.
used to have Astrological & Masonic Supplies "stuff", which I didn't understand... :dontknow:
"Google" ASTROLOGY & FREEMASONRY. AND! Get TURNING THE SOLOMON KEY: GEORGE WASHINGTON, THE BRIGHT MORNING STAR, AND THE SECRET OF MASONIC ASTROLOGY by Bro. Robert Lomas... :o ??? AND! "Google" STELLA THEOLOGY & MASONIC ASTRONOMY :dontknow:

OP
OP
KGC4Dixie

KGC4Dixie

Sep 13, 2009
Rebel - KGC said:
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D I'm inclined to believe, it is The ARCH of the Covenant; reason is that in the 1860's, the FreeMasons (ESPECIALLY the ROYAL ARCH FreeMasons), were into Astrological "signs", stars, etc. I didn't believe it at first, either; UNTIL, I became a ROYAL ARCH FreeMason. :o It WAS a "shock"... then I remembered that MY "Masonic supply" place in Richmond, Va.
used to have Astrological & Masonic Supplies "stuff", which I didn't understand... :dontknow:
"Google" ASTROLOGY & FREEMASONRY. AND! Get TURNING THE SOLOMON KEY: GEORGE WASHINGTON, THE BRIGHT MORNING STAR, AND THE SECRET OF MASONIC ASTROLOGY by Bro. Robert Lomas... :o ??? :dontknow:

It never has been revealed that Gen. Robert E. Lee was a Freemason and I would like to be the first to know if there is such information out there.

Gary

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D VERY true, I have not seen any "records", in which Gen. Lee was; HOWEVER, MANY of HIS officers were, his father & grandfather COULD have been; Mrs. Lee's father & grandfather COULD have been. DUNNO, where she got the "inspiration"/influence from; would like to know myself... will "google" CONFEDERATE FLAGS, and see what I can find. NEVER seen it before.
??? :dontknow:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:icon_thumleft: I did find Gen. Lee's flag on the Texas Division: SCV - Historic Flags page... NEVER seen it before, and I was SCV, Appomattox, Va. Even did re-enactments for the REBS, back in
'74/'75; Co. I, 10th Virginia "Foot" Cavalry (Stonewall Jackson's Shenandoah Valley, Conrad's Store; now
known as Elkton, Va.). New Market... Gettysburg... the "smell of black powder... the "roar"
of "battle"... Ahhh! :icon_thumleft: :coffee2: Send MORE of what cha got on Lee's HQ flag... THANKS! :coffee2:

OP
OP
KGC4Dixie

KGC4Dixie

Sep 13, 2009
SWR said:
Well...simply research shows it being called both ARK and ARCH. So...how does on figure it was commonly called one or the other? :icon_scratch:

I have a theory that someone or somebody is misspelling the word "ark" as "arch". Gary

Historical Flags of Our Ancestors - American Civil War Flags
General Lee's Headquarters flag, used between June of 1962 and the summer ... been designed by his wife Mary to reflect the Biblical Arch of the Covenant. ...
www.loeser.us/flags/civil.html - Cached - Similar -

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D to CLARIFY "ARCH of the Covenant"... REMEMBER, "the days of Noah",
when Father "G" sent a "BOW" (RAINBOW... "arch"), as a "sign" of HOPE, that HE would NEVER destroy Earth again... by water. :read2: :coffee2: :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread